Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta won't start, no kick in engine either. Only starts after clicking noise.

benfordfiesta

;Dear fellow Fiesta owners,

I have been driving a Ford Fiesta Mark VI which I purchased in 2010.

I have been facing trouble to start the engine lately. After turning the key to start the engine, there is no kick in the engine whatsoever. This is a video of the many attempts at starting the engine:

However, after the 5th attempt or so, I would hear this clicking and grinding noise (Noise begins at 0:05 mark and ends at 0:19 in video below) which continues even after I remove the key from the ignition.

After the noises stop and when I attempt to start the engine again, the engine would be able to start as usual. But the 'check engine' light would remain lighted (have a listen at the noise before I was able to start the engine up). After being able to start the engine once, I am able to start it again. However the problem would come back again after a drive and when I park it and try to start it again.

It is unlikely that this problem is cause by a weak battery since I recently changed the battery to a new one about 3 months ago.

This problem would come and go but it has been going on everyday for the past week. Not sure what seems to be causing it.

As of to date, I have only encountered one other problem which is with the gearbox computer. Swapped it out and it has been working well.

Has any of you faced this problem before? Do let me know!

Thanks!

• 1 month later...