Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dump valve or induction kit?

axesuso

Hi! 

First of all sorry to the whole community. I know this has been asked several times, i did my search on internet and in this forum but still confused. 

I recently met a guy with a fiesta zetec S and his turbo sound was awesome! I asked him and he said just a dump valve. Ive been searching about it and it seems that there is a lot of brands selling this valves. The best till now ive seen is turbosmart ones. Then i searched here, and looks like its a wrong thing to do because the fiesta uses a recirculating air valve system and from what i read it makes sense! And also that for better sound and performance, its recommended a induction kit. But wich? So many out there i dont know wich is the best or a good one. 

My doubt is that, the turbosmart valve, replaces the stock one so, is it still not a good option?

thanks from before and sorry again!

cheers!

There is no dump valve on the 1.0 ecoboost.

25 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

There is no dump valve on the 1.0 ecoboost.

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-Turbosmart-BOV-Kompact-Shortie-Dual-Port-Ford-Fiesta-10-Ecoboost_17218.jsp

what is this then? And what that guy had installed on his fiesta to get that sound?

or this

http://www.turbosmartdirect.com/Product-Categories/Ford-Kompact-BOVs/BOV-Kompact-Shortie-Dual-Port.html

They have recirculation valves so the ecu expects the pressure to be released back in to the intake.

These things basically leak some of the air for that chavtastic tsh sound.

It could actually reduce performance as a result.

50 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

They have recirculation valves so the ecu expects the pressure to be released back in to the intake.

These things basically leak some of the air for that chavtastic tsh sound.

It could actually reduce performance as a result.

Thats what i read here and it makes sense. Do you recommend me any induction kit? Right now i have everything stock, just bluefin remap and kn air filter panel. I would like a little more of sound, but dont want to mess with the performance. 

Thanks!

This is kinda relating to one my old posts iam looking to get the whoosh like a dump sound on my focus 1.8 tdci 2007 know it's possible coz heard a car do it n it sounded mint.

anyone got any idea

Yeah induction kit is the best way imo.

I'd get the mountune one for the Fiesta if it was me. Otherwise you need to make sure it has a decent heatshield and cold air feed to stop hot air being pulled in from the engine bay, particularly on the 1.0 as the turbo is right next to the airbox.

I did this with my induction filter and oil catch. It produces a  "whoosh" sound when hitting the high revs.  Non turbo MKII Focus.

my focus 2.jpg

• Like 1

Cheers for that don't suppose you got links for the parts have you mate 

44 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Yeah induction kit is the best way imo.

I'd get the mountune one for the Fiesta if it was me. Otherwise you need to make sure it has a decent heatshield and cold air feed to stop hot air being pulled in from the engine bay, particularly on the 1.0 as the turbo is right next to the airbox.

Mountune one is good? Im quite interested in getting a little more of sound of it lol. Im posting a pic of the guy i told he had that turbo sound. 

IMG_7090.JPG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gavin01 said:

I did this with my induction filter and oil catch. It produces a  "whoosh" sound when hitting the high revs.  Non turbo MKII Focus.

my focus 2.jpg

*cringe*.

You've lost performance by doing that. You might have slightly more air going in, but probably more dirt too. The air will also be hotter as you've ditched the airbox/cold intake, which is not as good for combustion.

• Like 3

Iv been reading about mountune induction and some say its good, some say more noise and performance. And some say that not really improvement and that even at low range rpm it looses power... 

im sure in this forum people have it "mountuned" lol (sorry bad joke). Can i know your experiences please!

thanks!

For more noise fit an open cone, ITG's filter goes under the headlight in a cooler area, or if you still want a dump valve go fir a turbo smart dual port.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

*cringe*.

You've lost performance by doing that. You might have slightly more air going in, but probably more dirt too. The air will also be hotter as you've ditched the airbox/cold intake, which is not as good for combustion.

Cold air intake is still there in the bottom right corner. Pointing directly at the filter. What I do need to do, is fabricate is a new heat shield to reduce the heat soak.

17 hours ago, axesuso said:

Mountune one is good? Im quite interested in getting a little more of sound of it lol. Im posting a pic of the guy i told he had that turbo sound

Yes that looks like a  BOV dump vlave in the top left corner by the wheel strut mount. All I can say is this from experience They said that on mine a MK2 ST that because they have recirculation valves so the ecu expects the pressure to be released back in to the intake and you will have problems, that may be correct but  my Collins BOV works fine no lights  no running problems what so ever just the sound the only problem is that the BOV valve is high mantainence as it it collects a bit of crud ( and grease goes thick)and sticky) and needs to be cleaned  and re greased (always sticks shut so no running problems).Of course i dont know how this will work on your engine but they said the same about mine a but it works.And it looks from the picture that that guy has one fitted so it should work. As for that chavish sound  that's banded around I don't care about that nonsence I like it  no matter what others say and thats it. One thing if I remember right they have to be a double piston to work right with a recirculation system. Turbo smart dual port are good with the dual piston.

9 hours ago, MarksST said:

turbo smart dual port

@Gizza11   I can understand why you have a BOV, your car produces 340bhp (as per your bio) so it's going to fit with the performance. The 125 is hardly a 'performance' car with a 0-60 of about 9.5s is it? I mean it's not slow and it's a cracking engine but does the car suit the 'tshh' sound from a dump valve? I'm pretty sure there will be a loss of performance to some degree. While not throwing up the EML the ECU is still not programmed for any loss of pressure. A car sitting about in traffic or doing slow 'laps' of the town does, IMHO sound daft. Now a car going quick does sound good with a dump/BOV. I particularly like the sound of turbo flutter/surge, unfortunately it not that good for your turbo.

• Like 1

@Gizza11 so the turbosmart actually recirculates the air but also blows off some for the noise? That cant be so bad right? I dont want to loose performance :( or sacrifice the turbo. If its so, i will avoid the valve...

@Jonro2009 you are right, but its just that i love that sound... like some people spend thousands in a twingo or a corsa (lol) if it makes you happy, to hell what others think, there will always be someone that wont like your idea. And also, my car is remapped, not stock. So its not all that slow :P

cheers!

3 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

0-60 of about 9.5s

im getting a J1 induction kit got a heat sheild and snazzy hoses, also jonro i know the the 125 isnt a performance car but its not slow by any means, in mine no map compleatly stock iv got 0-60 in 7.77 seconds and that was a dodgy start, :laugh::laugh:

3 hours ago, axesuso said:

@Jonro2009 you are right, but its just that i love that sound... like some people spend thousands in a twingo or a corsa (lol) if it makes you happy, to hell what others think, there will always be someone that wont like your idea. And also, my car is remapped, not stock. So its not all that slow :P

cheers!

I'm not saying don't do it, and I appreciate that not everyone has the same ideas when it comes to mods. I've done my fair share of what other people thought were stupid things but I liked them. I didn't know your car had a map, your bio says 125 and there is nothing in your signature to suggest a map. If you like an idea then go with it, that's your perogotive. When it's done post a sound clip, despite not liking it on some cars, I do appreciate the sound.

11 minutes ago, AlexBartlam said:

im getting a J1 induction kit got a heat sheild and snazzy hoses, also jonro i know the the 125 isnt a performance car but its not slow by any means, in mine no map compleatly stock iv got 0-60 in 7.77 seconds and that was a dodgy start, :laugh::laugh:

That's some claim Alex, by that timing you will beat a 140ps off the line too. In fact you will only be 1s behind the new ST when it is released. Imagine what you could have done if it was a clean start. If you read my comment again mate you will see I said it's not a slow car. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

I particularly like the sound of turbo flutter/surge, unfortunately it not that good for your turbo.

Yes that's why I have the  Carbon fiber look CAIS induction system with a K&N filter just so its kinder to the turbo. Only thing with a Cais is that its massive, and the advantage is no heat soak. And yes it does produce 345 BHP on the dyno not bad for the standard  ST Turbo( just a different actuator on the Turbo).As your post I also have done some daft things too lol I won't say as its to embarrassing lol lol

3 hours ago, axesuso said:

so the turbosmart actually recirculates the air but also blows off some for the noise? That cant be so bad right? I dont want to loose performance :( or sacrifice the turbo. If its so, i will avoid the valve...

I believe it does all I can say is to try it if you feel its not for you, you can always resell it 

• Like 1

I think ill first be going for a induction kit, and then i can add this valve... its a better idea i feel. But they are so many induction kits that i dont know wich to get! Any suggestions? Apart from mountune ?

thanks everyone for your help! :D