Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What obd reader do i need to clear yellow airbag light?

GeoffGeoff

I bought a u581 memoscan obd2 reader that can only see engine fault codes etc NOT airbag light (which is always on)

What device or reader do i need to clear the airbag warning light on a 2004 focus c max 2.0 tdci ghia manual mk1

It can be done ! The garage have cleared the light several times at mot time with whatever they have.  No repairs, just cleared the light 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

You need to get ForScan. If you buy a modified bluetooth or Wi-Fi OBD2 one from eBay you can download ForScan from the Play Store for Android and use it with your phone. You'll then get High Speed and Medium Speed CAN messages too.

Less than £20 will have you sorted and works a treat.

• 5 years later...
On 9/2/2017 at 8:45 AM, BeOneOptica said:

You need to get ForScan. If you buy a modified Bluetooth or Wi-Fi OBD2 one from eBay you can download ForScan from the Play Store for Android and use it with your phone. You'll then get High Speed and Medium Speed CAN messages too.

Less than £20 will have you sorted and works a treat.

Which software program from Play store? It doesn't seem any of them remove an airbag light? And there is no forscan one that I can see. I recognize this is a 6 year old thread tho.

Thank you! 

On 7/26/2017 at 4:28 PM, GeoffGeoff said:

I bought a u581 memoscan obd2 reader that can only see engine fault codes etc NOT airbag light (which is always on)

What device or reader do i need to clear the airbag warning light on a 2004 focus c max 2.0 tdci ghia manual mk1

It can be done ! The garage have cleared the light several times at mot time with whatever they have.  No repairs, just cleared the light 

Thanks

Did you ever find the adapter/program to clear the airbag light? 

You can of course only reset the airbag light if the fault has been repaired.

You can use either the Windows laptop version of FORScan (free) or there is an Android and an iOS version for phone use.

FORScan (Windows): https://forscan.org/download.html

vLinker FS connection cable: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vgate-vLinker-Adapter-FORScan-MS-CAN/dp/B0952P4MLP

vLinker FD (Bluetooth) dongle for Android

OR

vLinker FD+ (Bluetooth) dongle for iOS

Forscan.JPG

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, unofix said:

You can of course only reset the airbag light if the fault has been repaired.

You can use either the Windows laptop version of FORScan (free) or there is an Android and an iOS version for phone use.

FORScan (Windows): https://forscan.org/download.html

vLinker FS connection cable: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vgate-vLinker-Adapter-FORScan-MS-CAN/dp/B0952P4MLP

vLinker FD (Bluetooth) dongle for Android

OR

vLinker FD+ (Bluetooth) dongle for iOS

Forscan.JPG

Thank you for the info.

The fault hasn't been repaired. 

If the fault is intermittent you should be able to turn it off if the fault is not being faulty at that point in time, but it will come back on when the intermittent fault arises again. I assume you just want it off for the mot and don’t care if the airbag won’t actually work . I’m not criticising you for that as not all cars (eg old ones) have airbags anyway and I would still drive one of those. 

See John's other thread. The fault is very permanent.

Yes that is the scenario, so how do I get it to go off? What obd device and what software will do that? 

I also have a thread that I started about the situation with some photos, title is airbag blues.

Thank you. 

12 minutes ago, unofix said:

See John's other thread. The fault is very permanent.

It's not permanent, unless you know something you haven't said? it wasnt on a little while ago, just popped on one day a month ago, and when I bought the car it was off, that's been years now. I don't even know if the underseat stuff is part of the problem, the airbag /yellow connector in that unit in the photo is connected and doesn't appear to have any problems. I don't know what the wires that have been cut, and the the soldered ones are for. Maybe someone here does? Thanks.