Do Not Sell My Personal Information

poor sound quality from aux input on 6000cd

Brother Albert

I've just swapped my old 07 plate Smax for an identical 63plate model. The stereo system in the new car is a 6000cd with bluetooth and voice control. in my old car I had my iPOD classic connected through the 30 pin dock connector into the aux input and it played well. When I connected this to my new car, the sound quality was awful. I took it back to Bristol St and they said there was no fault. I discovered that they connected it through the headphone socket on the iPOD and that plays fine. I have two iPODs and two leads, which all play well in other vehicles, so there is no issue with the players or cables that I can see.

I've tried it on several other fords with the same radio and there is no issue. I can only assume that there is a fault with the aux cable from the centre console or the radio unit itself?

Any thoughts on this issue?

Curious - my guess is some weired grounding issue. Do you charge your Ipod when listening in the car (and does disconnecting power make a difference)?

• 4 weeks later...

When I was looking to purchase a bluetooth audio receiver that would connect to aux in in my cd6000, I went after the recommendation I've found online and bought a ground loop isolator to go with it, one of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LYYRT7M?psc=1

I have to say that it has eliminated any strange buzzing and noises. Perhaps it would help you, too. It's rather small (looks much bigger on a photograph). Worth a try?