Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Helo choosing wind deflectors. Climair or team heko on a tinted windows.

D!str0

I have all the car tinted around. I am searching what brand of wind deflector to choose. The metal clips that comes with team heko my scratch my tinted out of my windows and i don't whant this. Anyone used any brand of those two? Any help would be very useful. 

I use Climair they don't use clips and just fit within the window frame snugly. You can get them from most Ford main service garages  where they do Ford parts  or via the internet. They are good quality, easy to fit in about 15-20 mins on a two door and I have not had any problem with them what so ever. If I remember right they come in dark or light tint I have the dark. Some say they have problems with window closing with them all I can say not me but if so putting the window up and down a few times to get the new parts settled does the trick

• Like 1

I have heko on mine n tinted used clips no issues 

34 minutes ago, Damien said:

I have heko on mine n tinted used clips no issues 

Have you followed exactly the instructions of the manual. I think you must put 2 clips per deflector. Have you installed 2 on each side. Team heko are cheaper.  But i am afraid of scratching my windows. 

Yeh used all metal clips apart from 1 on back as dropped down drain if I remember correctly

1 hour ago, Damien said:

Yeh used all metal clips apart from 1 on back as dropped down drain if I remember correctly

So is there something to watch out when installing the clips in order not to damage my tints? 

No not at all mine just popped in smoothly n windows up n down no rubbing, and tbh never heard any issues regarding any wind deflectors and window tinting 

• Like 1

climairs are the best i have hekos on or should say had .the 2 rears fell off and passenger one started coming off all clips have fallen off

i wish id never fitted hekos

7 hours ago, mrmetallica said:

climairs are the best i have hekos on or should say had .the 2 rears fell off and passenger one started coming off all clips have fallen off

i wish id never fitted hekos

I think climair holds in place only with adhesive tape. Am i right? The climair are better? And by the way HAIL METALLICA! 

14 hours ago, D!str0 said:

I think climair holds in place only with adhesive tape. Am i right? The climair are better? And by the way HAIL METALLICA! 

they do only hold by tape and i never had a problem with climis

Just fitted ClimAir wind deflectors on front and rear and they look really good.

Font Windows required a little more "bedding in" but after a few days windows work fine.

Rear (manual) Windows had a tendency to drop a few millimetres after a period of time that I can only assume was due to vibration, only really noticed it when I heard the increased road noise...but I'd already got into the habit of making sure that both rears windows were fully closed prior to using any car wash!

hopefully the rear deflectors will now help the rear window remain in the closed position due to the additional material now against the glass preventing any drop due to vibration.

car does look nice though, and they do keep the rain out while driving with the window open slightly too! 👍🏻

Got HEKOs on my Focus and have used them on many previous cars without issue. The fronts will hold in by themselves without even the tape. The rears simply require the clips. They wont scratch your windows, I have tints and they're fine.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club