Do Not Sell My Personal Information

*Black Beauty* - Fiesta Mk6 Build Thread

zagobir

Hi all,

As some of you might have seen in my intro, I recently traded in my Mk6 1.4 Finesse for a Mk6 1.4 Zetec (I know, I know! [emoji23]). Being my 3rd car and the exact one I've wanted since the age of about 14, I've decided to mod it as I please as I never really got far with my other 2 motors!

Decided to focus on exterior mods partly because bar the basics, I'm not all that clued up about what goes on under the bonnet. Also I'm not looking to go anywhere in a hurry and I'm more or less happy with the current performance I'm getting out of my little Fez [emoji4]

Here are a few pics of when I first picked it up...

7b523aa3305637c37a1eed7f7f5f3139.jpgb350bb6fdf87301164d6d47b410c7db6.jpg9065d37cf17b9dfd5eb2b525cf691fcb.jpg06293327c1543d17b2b68e2599bec9cf.jpg

First things first, I transferred the wind deflectors and number plate surrounds from my old Mk6 to this one. I also had a full set of facelift lights that I bought for the pre-facelift which I wrapped but never managed to put on. I swapped these onto the new one instead but tbh my wrap job was pretty poor so I tore it all off the headlights and just added a lower strip instead. The rear lights are still on there because the finish was more bearable but I'm going to get them all professionally wrapped soon anyway!

81f7944f0a1253d10a32063c1d0fabe7.jpg
124c49753f05948c5fd53ecc62e1182e.jpg
fda4c8ebf4d8f67c64e77848de034a46.jpg

A few days later I realised that I'd somehow ended up with completely different bulbs in my headlights due to the swap so next job was to get myself some nice bright halogen bulbs to match everything back up! Will have to get a night time pic but here is the change anyway...

34b98fa18dc7d035882bdd997c3eb1b7.jpg
c0d45e1561436e8f4957c03df4eadc67.jpg

^^ They're pretty good at lighting up the gym car park when I'm heading home from an evening class so I'm quite pleased with them [emoji23][emoji23]

I also sprayed my front grille in a matte black because it was looking a weird off grey/ brown colour [emoji40]

And here is how she's sitting atm! (Blue the Mk6 has since been sold btw!)

376b66025180c27cfcf7787ae0b92899.jpg

I saw a Lexus convertible the other day (can't remember for the life of me what is was!) but the type with all the rose gold detailing rather than chrome and I thought [emoji362][emoji362] I could go with a black and gold theme! I'm starting with all the black stuff just in case I change my mind as it might end up looking pants, but current mod list is:

*Tint EVERYTHING - all windows, add a sunstrip, headlights, tail lights, fogs and side repeaters
*After market bluetooth stereo or Parrot kit
*Private plates (although this is proving a bit tricky being called Zainab Zahra [emoji58][emoji58])
*LED bulbs - sidelights, boot light and number plate lights
*Black alloys w/ gold brake calipers
*Black and gold gel overlays for all Ford badges
*Front grille with chrome surround
*Painted gold '1.4 Fiesta Zetec' on the rear
*Couple of decals because why not [emoji23]

Based on my rough estimates this is looking to cost just over one and a half grand so I think this leaves me plenty to get on with both time and wallet wise! [emoji12]

Thanks for reading guys and I look forward to showing you all what I get up to. Hoping to see lots of you on the journey!

Zahra x

Sent from my Phantom6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looks nice slam a turbo engine in it lol n surprise people at lights 

Looks nice slam a turbo engine in it lol n surprise people at lights 

As I said, literally no clue where I'd begin with something like that. Would probably surprise myself too, straight into a lorry or a tree! [emoji23][emoji23]

• Like 1

Lol you want sensible mods look after it,👍

I think they make android sterios for these fiestas now don't quote me on that tho 

Lol you want sensible mods look after it,[emoji106]

Exactly haha! And inexpensive ones! Don't worry, I'll be guarding it either everything I have [emoji173]

I think they make android sterios for these fiestas now don't quote me on that tho 

By Ford you mean? Or other brands?

Was looking at a Kenwood one with Android capability and bluetooth with a DAB radio etc but to purchase and fit I was quoted £260, but £55 to fit my mum's Parrot kit. Would rather put the money towards my tints for now [emoji57]

Not by ford other brands it's upto you really skys the limit with sound systems android single din double din anything can be made to fit best not to go mad tho and 260 is well expensive for that and to fit it is simple enuf could be a good project for you 

Don't forget to get the high level brake light tinted too. Get the silver repeater bulbs that flash Amber but look silver so look better when not in use. Dont forget to do the interior courtesy bulbs when you're doing the LED conversion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sterio upgrade and illuminated door plates is next on my list 

• Like 1

Not by ford other brands it's upto you really skys the limit with sound systems android single din double din anything can be made to fit best not to go mad tho and 260 is well expensive for that and to fit it is simple enuf could be a good project for you 

Yeah there are so many but just trying not to spend hundreds on a stereo [emoji23] I've swapped single dins before with no problem but never changed a factory fitted double din to an aftermarket one. Was reading up on how to change it whilst keeping the steering wheel controls and adding a DAB antenna and I got a headache lol. Wouldn't trust myself to do it without guidance I don't think!

Yeah multi meeter needed for that job can be a pain but sure you would get there in the end haha :tongue:

Yeah multi meeter needed for that job can be a pain but sure you would get there in the end haha tongue.png

In the very end. Like 90 years old end [emoji23]

Wey don't know if you don't try ide do it for you if I was local for a small fee ofcorse :laugh: no mates rates here it's full wack or nothing haha just kidin 

Edited by zetec Adam

Very true! Would hurt my ego though if I tried, messed it up and then had to pay some one to correct it all [emoji23][emoji23]

• Like 1

He's no kidding either he would charge full whack, he's tight 😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

He's no kidding either he would charge full whack, he's tight [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

LOL I shall keep that in mind. Thanks for the heads up Damien lol

• Like 1

True mate how's the house move 😂😂😂😂

Well was abit of a nightmare getting a sofa washing machine and everything else down 4 flights of stairs but all is well and sorted now I'm sat chilling on sofa waiting for takeaway shop to open car is sat on the drive And garage has lights and sockets and is bigger than I thorts carnt wait to get in there on Sundays get the jet wash out on the car and whatever else haha happy days 

And your car looks smart as on your profile pick verry niiiiiiiiiiiice as borat would say haha

Sound like you made right choice in move mate, number 1 priority n you just nailed it there by saying the garage.

allways make sure you have nice space for car to work on.

n cheers pal most money stuck under the hood, running bout 175bhp  not bad for tdci eh. Keeps with st's on take off.

well just for a little bit lol

• Like 1

175 is good going and people will not expect that evan better haha yeah no1 priority if i dont have a drive and garage i dont want it ha you will have to send me some photos of your car if you can  interested to have look mate