Do Not Sell My Personal Information

*Black Beauty* - Fiesta Mk6 Build Thread

zagobir

If you push the (arrowed) switch then that will turn your fogs off.... pull it out one click and that will turn on your front fogs, pull it out a second click and that will turn on your rear fogs.......
647f6c0a1933291a035a8ca00ff3197a.jpg

I know how to turn them on and off. What I meant was, when turning my rear fogs on, what I expected to see what lights on in the bumper (similar to what happens when I turn on front fogs). But as you've said, those are reflectors so that was never going to happen.
Essentially, I didn't realise that the fog lights were part of the main tail light unit

Sent from my Phantom6 using Tapatalk

Oh I see lol, glad that sorted [emoji1] what other additions are you planning on doing?

• Like 1

Me too! Quite embarrassing really [emoji23] - certainly thought I knew my way around the basics of a Mk6.5!

Nothing too major, just wanting to get it looking a bit tidier and then I'll take it from there. So... ST alloys, gloss black exterior badges, black and gold gel overlays, full paint correction (coz my metallic black is looking dull af! [emoji17]), LED interior lights and metal door sills for the mo [emoji5]

Looking good @zagobir wrapping the high level brake light does make a huge difference and while wrapping the fog/reflectors [emoji87]does look top drawer I have a feeling it won't pass an MOT. They won't be doing their job, reflecting. It look like you park on the street outside your house, well from the pics anyway. I would be a little worried in case your car was at the end of a row and was hit at night, unlikely but a risk.

How much is a paint correction? Sounds like it could be expensive ☹️ why not get it wrapped in a Matt black vinyl? I reckon that would look sweet! Also, if you like a bit of bling then have a look at the sill plates with the lights in them, and retro fitting puddle lamps that project 'ford' onto the ground. The comment about not turning the fog lights on since you had the car has got to be the best statement yet, it means you are not one of those tossed drivers with every light on their switched on lol

Is the car an auto?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why thank you! Hey - cheeky haha! Yeah I was thinking the same thing, well, since I found out they were reflectors and not fog lights [emoji23] Surely wrapping them defeats their purpose... And yes, well spotted! I'm actually pretty sure that my blue Fiesta got its lovely scrape along the rear wing from a car that pulled out from round the corner and didn't straighten up in time, meaning they brushed my car along the way. Whether or not it makes a difference, I don't yet know, but I have made a point of not being the first car along the road. I either park in between 2 cars or leave about a car and a half space before mine to allow dense drivers enough room to clear the corner!

Paint correction would be a few hundred pounds [emoji20] I've always wanted a really glossy, reflective black though! And then was considering matte black ST stripes down the middle.

I have looked at both of those options also but trying to decide whether they would look naff or not... So many lights coming on when getting into the car. I'm still undecided.

Haha, I think that was a compliment so thank you! So frustrated being blinded by drivers that have the whole front of their car illuminated! Can't see for a further 10 or so meters down the road while my eyes readjust! [emoji12]

It's semi auto so like a paddle shift sort of gear knob to go up and down a gear as required!

looks nice motor, how deep is the 'scratch' could it be a clear coat scratch, if so go look at chrisfix on youtube he has paint scratch video and a video on clear coat scratches may save you some money.

looks nice motor, how deep is the 'scratch' could it be a clear coat scratch, if so go look at chrisfix on youtube he has paint scratch video and a video on clear coat scratches may save you some money.
Thanks Alex, much appreciated!

It's not a scratch, I'm pretty much talking about the whole body of the car! After closer inspection, looks to me like the front bumper was replaced or repaired as it's mostly a dull black and you can't see any metallic flecks in the paint (unlike the bonnet, roof, doors etc.) Looks like a similar thing happened to one of the rear wings also. And in general there are light swirls everywhere - not too noticeable in general but with the amount of time I spend looking at my car, it does bother me [emoji20] Just looks patchy overall

• Like 1

ah fair enough, what about having a full paint restoration at a detailers, mines got swirls so thats what im going to do, will bring out the paint on the bumpers too

ah fair enough, what about having a full paint restoration at a detailers, mines got swirls so thats what im going to do, will bring out the paint on the bumpers too
Alex most dealers these days dont have bodyshop & whatever they touchup is proper cowboy job. Especially evans Halshaws.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Just now, yunii said:

Alex most dealers these days dont have bodyshop & whatever they touchup is proper cowboy job. Especially evans Halshaws.

not a dealers, a detailers (valet), where they do a proper wash of the car and machine polish is what i meant. one near me is £50 for a stage 1, 11 stage car valet and then you add machine polish onto the package for a little extra.

not a dealers, a detailers (valet), where they do a proper wash of the car and machine polish is what i meant. one near me is £50 for a stage 1, 11 stage car valet and then you add machine polish onto the package for a little extra.
Pardon me , didnt read properly . Detailers would be top job.
Yunii

Yeah will have to have a look at that.

Main thing is (as Yunii has pointed out) knowing where to go and who to trust. Don't want to get ripped off by someone who's not gonna do a good job!

FEW UPDATES, CUE LONG POST!

Today's post was rather fruitful:

d301769891997e793355abff88515f40.jpg

So got a few bits to stick on the car this afternoon!

Also, THIS happened!!!!

f59b5e41d5d13d1ad57d186101e8162f.jpg

Won't mean much to you guys, but I saw the exact Fiesta that I've been eyeing up since my secondary school days! Used to see it on my walks home (been living in this neighbourhood for about 14 years now [emoji42]) and thought "Yep, that's what I want!" Was so shocked when I recognised the reg, 8 years later and then realised what car it was! Although we've never met, it was nice to see it again, and to know the guy still lives around here somewhere.

I also stopped traffic for a sec and got a (pretty substandard) pic of them both together...

f19906f069934d6936305a598b6757da.jpg

Before a Ford Galaxy swung round the corner and the owner started glaring at me [emoji85]

ALLOY UPDATE

Went to get my alloy wheel repaired yesterday so I can finally get that spare off! Took my ST150s along with me just to get them checked over as I've been considering new tyres for 2 of them. So so so glad I did, because all the while I've had them, I never noticed this...

f7ede5ec4b3f8d61db39c9438317aa3f.jpg

Previous owner or whoever, has patched up/filled in some spots on not one, but two of the tyres! One also has a pretty worn side wall, which I was aware of, but after seeing that botch job I'm now not confident that I can use any of those tyres! The search for 205/40/R17 x4 begins!

Long story short, until I get 4 new tyres for my 150s I won't bother starting the refurb, so I'm sticking the original back on in place of my spare for the moment.

7970a084d5d122d07983fc9ac3c9fb4d.jpg

^^ I also fell in love with these which I found on an A3, but that's another story! [emoji23]

• 2 weeks later...

Been busy sticking!

5112260d50d3c3dd75183923b1414fe9.jpg4056ce15701b9ef1d1d64aecc8fe3316.jpgacf8dab189158de3c7189622f32109f3.jpg6e2b7a72e362c4690a2fd4ef89c6a793.jpg

Got a booty pic as well, because why not. And also it looks cleaner from further away! [emoji23][emoji23]

84241c450f374075a1bc78816e48d62f.jpg

• Like 1

liking the new stickers and. what a nice booty you have lol

• Like 1

liking the new stickers and. what a nice booty you have lol
Hey now, I thought we agreed to keep things PG... [emoji6]

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my ST150s put on! [emoji322][emoji323] Despite all the negativity I've received about going low profile (not from on here I'd like to add) I'm definitely enjoying the drive. Car feels a lot firmer and seems to grip to the road more and isn't MUCH bumpier than rolling on 15s so all in all I'm happy [emoji16]

Went to a local tyre fitter and got 4 part worn 2015/40/17 put on.

d0eda764e93537b74f91ef4cab7b4863.jpg

Spent last weekend with tons of spray paint layering up the matte black paint to eliminate the curb marks. Here's a before and after of the worst alloy.

93be68dec166b706cefdf71d4c80ef66.jpga2d555242fe660a81a521e0e12712db6.jpg

By no means a professional job but I'm really happy with how they all turned out. Definitely an improvement compared to the condition I bought them in and I think they look much better than the silver Zetec alloys that my car came with.

I've been barreling up and down the M25 for the past few weeks so forgive me for not giving her a wash, but this is how she's sitting now...

f11d9255c9e3da7cd7988fd94ee23338.jpgde502aef9bc19c5913ce7c85523b3c71.jpg39a65fc40acbc2634d7ef4a6e25d4c3f.jpg8c511ce41199bc018397cb9bf112083a.jpg

And here's an edited one...

fa396f81bb6170d859ddc0b121481b32.jpg

[emoji817][emoji817]

Paint job looks really decent and the wheels look 100 times better than they looked before paint, how many coats did you apply? Did you lacquer them too?

Paint job looks really decent and the wheels look 100 times better than they looked before paint, how many coats did you apply? Did you lacquer them too?
Thanks! [emoji3]

Literally did the most basic job ever haha. Just wiped the wheels down and then sprayed back and forth in sweeping motions until I was happy with the coverage. Can't really say I did it in 'layers' but one 300ml can did 2 wheels. No lacquer used!

the wheels are a big improvement and looks like you done a decent job spraying them. all you have to do now is give it a decent wash lol. if you haven't got them then get a set of centre caps and that will make them look even better again

• Like 1

Might be a good idea to apply a few coats of lacquer to protect the paint from chipping, just a suggestion

• Like 2

the wheels are a big improvement and looks like you done a decent job spraying them. all you have to do now is give it a decent wash lol. if you haven't got them then get a set of centre caps and that will make them look even better again
Pahaha, always on to me about washing! [emoji174] I only have one centre cap! I'm on a hunt for a set but I think I like them without... Is that bad? Lol

Might be a good idea to apply a few coats of lacquer to protect the paint from chipping, just a suggestion
Was considering coating in Plasti Dip so will leave it for now. The more I look at them though, I'm quite liking the black so may leave it and then would lacquer in that case [emoji5]

Leaving them as they are does look good as you have the matt black look which i do prefer, as opposed to the gloss black, which the lacquer would do
Are they standard mk6 zetec s wheels? I’ll see if I can find a set too, two pairs of eyes are better than one [emoji106]

• Like 1