Do Not Sell My Personal Information

*Black Beauty* - Fiesta Mk6 Build Thread

zagobir

Leaving them as they are does look good as you have the matt black look which i do prefer, as opposed to the gloss black, which the lacquer would do
Are they standard mk6 zetec s wheels? I’ll see if I can find a set too, two pairs of eyes are better than one [emoji106]
Thanks, that would be good! They are 17" ST150 alloys [emoji5]

Sent from my Phantom6 using Tapatalk

There’s a used pair on eBay at the moment for 27 posted but one of them is in really bad shape, or you can get a full set of new for £80 expensive little blighters eh? [emoji85]

There’s a used pair on Ebay at the moment for 27 posted but one of them is in really bad shape, or you can get a full set of new for £80 expensive little blighters eh? [emoji85]
Yeah keep seeing them for £70-£80!! So funny because before I went to collect the alloys I asked the guy about them and he was like "Nah, I bought them like this. I only have one" I just thought... Whatever I'll pick up a new set. Not until I actually put the wheels on before I decided to look for them, saw the price and my face went [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

Couldn't believe it! For 4 round bits of plastic with Ford stamped on it...

23 hours ago, zagobir said:

Pahaha, always on to me about washing! emoji174.png I only have one centre cap! I'm on a hunt for a set but I think I like them without... Is that bad? Lol

well if you like the wheels with out the centre caps that's not bad at all lol. but to me they don't look right with out them.

well if you like the wheels with out the centre caps that's not bad at all lol. but to me they don't look right with out them.
Not 100% sure really... I know a lot of alloys have the wheel nuts exposed so I guess I don't mind either way!

Hey zagobir, are you based in Edmonton London because I live there aswell. Never know I might spot your car 😁

Hey zagobir, are you based in Edmonton London because I live there aswell. Never know I might spot your car [emoji16]
No, I just bought the car from there. I live in South East [emoji5]

• Like 1

Clean car + autumn-scapes = photo shoooooooot!

Here are some of my faves, edited by Snapseed to make the leaves a bit more autumny [emoji12] Enjoy!

2be919540c84b3d0bfdfba57050a4873.jpgf4a9b5ba624468ed3b1f0ec1941f53ea.jpge6c59f435f37ec8fb3df61827d831d19.jpgb8bc58767de577a87c92f22c7586d18a.jpgeae335020bd1ec330a83e2829de25d73.jpg991efcae8aef8dea850d4c2615752860.jpg

Probably my absolute favourite purely because this tree was actually magnificently orange! (and because the homeowner had a Jag XJ and Beemer - seems like a cool person! Haha) [emoji116][emoji116]

55470ae9a4a733a52bb746466c148aee.jpg

• Like 2

liking the pics and the fez is looking good
Thank you aaaand thank you [emoji5] Still missing quite a bit but liking how it's shaping up, definitely

Could upgrade your lights to a nice white led one. 

Took a quick picture months back in the cinema car park. In the picture the lights look blue but they look white in person. 

_20170812_002509.JPG

• Like 1

Could upgrade your lights to a nice white led one. 
Took a quick picture months back in the cinema car park. In the picture the lights look blue but they look white in person. 
_20170812_002509.thumb.JPG.04cfbb1ffd8c5d36b86f8889a726583c.JPG
I actually thought I had! [emoji23] Was looking at my pics and wondering why they look so yellow - pretty sure I got Osram Cool Blue all around. Something I definitely have to check! Those look lots better

1 hour ago, zagobir said:

I actually thought I had! emoji23.png Was looking at my pics and wondering why they look so yellow - pretty sure I got Osram Cool Blue all around. Something I definitely have to check! Those look lots better

Are those LED or those halogen bulbs with a blue coating? When I replaced the front sidelights to the LED ones I noticed the previous owner fitted halogen bulbs with the blue glass. I thought the reason for them having blue glass is so they give out a white light but they where just yellow. I don't know where these LEDs are from as they were spare ones my dad had. I ordered some LED sidelight bulbs for my grans car and some LED number plate lights for myself from autobeam so can give you feedback for them when they come and fitted. 

Are those LED or those halogen bulbs with a blue coating? When I replaced the front sidelights to the LED ones I noticed the previous owner fitted halogen bulbs with the blue glass. I thought the reason for them having blue glass is so they give out a white light but they where just yellow. I don't know where these LEDs are from as they were spare ones my dad had. I ordered some LED sidelight bulbs for my grans car and some LED number plate lights for myself from autobeam so can give you feedback for them when they come and fitted. 
These5202860754819e569ecab3d6d16701c9.jpg

Ah okay are the osram bulbs for the main lights? Was talking about your front sidelights. 

Ah okay are the osram bulbs for the main lights? Was talking about your front sidelights. 
I know sorry [emoji24] only just realised what happened! So I went to buy a whole set of them so main beam and sidelights but the sidelights were sold out so I ended up having to get the Halfords equivalent. So they should be the same thing (xenon, blue look) just not the Osram brand

I think it may be best to get LEDs. Reason being the previous owner put blue halogen bulbs for the sidelights in my car and I realised this when I was changing them. They gave out a yellow light. These are the ones I have in mine. Have no idea where there from as they were ones my dad bought to put in his car before he sold it. 

DSC_0043.JPG

I think it may be best to get LEDs. Reason being the previous owner put blue halogen bulbs for the sidelights in my car and I realised this when I was changing them. They gave out a yellow light. These are the ones I have in mine. Have no idea where there from as they were ones my dad bought to put in his car before he sold it. 
DSC_0043.thumb.JPG.38d2d5c954cde5d3ad5e43e36f4a51a2.JPG
Yeah I had one of those in mine (gave off a blue/purple colour) and the other was standard. Asked on here a while back what it was so I could have a matching pair and found out it was LED and a few people recommended Autobeam but I still haven't ordered! [emoji85] I guess you've helped me decide my next change Zain!

9 minutes ago, zagobir said:

Yeah I had one of those in mine (gave off a blue/purple colour) and the other was standard. Asked on here a while back what it was so I could have a matching pair and found out it was LED and a few people recommended Autobeam but I still haven't ordered! emoji85.png I guess you've helped me decide my next change Zain!

I've bought from autobeam a few times now and have to say they sell good quality bulbs. Their premium bulbs are nice and really bright plus they give 5 years warranty and 2 years warranty for standard bulbs. To determine the colour of a light you look for the colour temperature. So 3000k is a pure yellow, 4300k is xenon white, 6000k is pure white and 8000k is going towards blue. I think going over that you'll get purple. Autobeam also do colour changing units which most are on black Friday sale. 

I've bought from autobeam a few times now and have to say they sell good quality bulbs. Their premium bulbs are nice and really bright plus they give 5 years warranty and 2 years warranty for standard bulbs. To determine the colour of a light you look for the colour temperature. So 3000k is a pure yellow, 4300k is xenon white, 6000k is pure white and 8000k is going towards blue. I think going over that you'll get purple. Autobeam also do colour changing units which most are on black Friday sale. 
Oh cool! Thanks for the temperature info, that's really helpful. I'll definitely have a look when I get home and if there are Black Friday deals then even better! I'll let you know what I order [emoji5]

• Like 1

I don’t necessarily share the same opinion when it comes to light temp. I’ve had several different HID systems with different temperature bulbs. I found that about 5300K is the closest to OEM and 8000K is well on the way to being purple. Personally I’d always stay below 6000K, anything higher is pretty blue and it loses a lot of useable light. As the driver you will see a blue tinge to road signs etc with 6000K and head on there will be a noticeable blue to the light, as a driver with 5300K (or thereabouts) it should be almost pure white. Head on will look bright white but as the Car dips up and down on the road surface it will gleam blue like an Audi etc.

6a659c0cb003b2979f92635903ed83c0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m pretty sure anything above 6000k is not road legal, so Jonro is right to recommend mid 5k’s they are crisp pure white and look great.

I don’t necessarily share the same opinion when it comes to light temp. I’ve had several different HID systems with different temperature bulbs. I found that about 5300K is the closest to OEM and 8000K is well on the way to being purple. Personally I’d always stay below 6000K, anything higher is pretty blue and it loses a lot of useable light. As the driver you will see a blue tinge to road signs etc with 6000K and head on there will be a noticeable blue to the light, as a driver with 5300K (or thereabouts) it should be almost pure white. Head on will look bright white but as the Car dips up and down on the road surface it will gleam blue like an Audi etc.

6a659c0cb003b2979f92635903ed83c0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Excuse me Jonro, what is wrong with Audis? [emoji102][emoji57]

I’m pretty sure anything above 6000k is not road legal, so Jonro is right to recommend mid 5k’s they are crisp pure white and look great.
Yeah I've been told - well, that anything other than white is not legal.

Was only gonna do the tiny little sidelights though because the guy I bought my replacement headlight from had one in there and I thought it complimented the main headlights nicely.

Because I couldn't stand having headlights that didn't match, I changed them but with the view of changing back when I knew what I was after. I'll try and get a pic of what it was... It was white-ish but with a blue/purple tinge I'd say

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club