Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ABS INFO ??

smithy3007

I know it sound's stupid but iam not to sure if my car has ABS i know its not the weather cuz i was lookin into this befor . any info be a great help >

51 - Ford Focus - 1.8 - 16v

thanks ....

I know it sound's stupid but iam not to sure if my car has ABS i know its not the weather cuz i was lookin into this befor . any info be a great help >

thanks ....

YES

upto 2003 abs was optional on 1.4 and 1.6 models but standard on 1.8 and 2.0

thanks ....

You can also tell your car is equipped with ABS as you brake hard and the pedal kicks your foot back and vibrates...

YES

upto 2003 abs was optional on 1.4 and 1.6 models but standard on 1.8 and 2.0

wrong there, I had an S reg 1.8 Zetec without ABS.

i have a y reg 2001 1.8 zetec and i dont have abs

hmm, ford have told me wrong them. ohwell. sorry :lol:

presume your cars have/had drums on the back then?

with any car to see if you have abs when you turn ignitio on then orange abs light will briefly come on dash board.

if you don't have it no abs light will come on!

this is a good thing to look for when buying a car

hmm, ford have told me wrong them. ohwell. sorry :lol:

Yes it funny how you can get duff info from the actual dealers, been there done that.

presume your cars have/had drums on the back then?

yes it had, and whats more my 55plate mk2 1.6 Zetec though it has ABS, still does not have discs all round, only on the front axle.

Yes it funny how you can get duff info from the actual dealers, been there done that.

yes it had, and whats more my 55plate mk2 1.6 Zetec though it has ABS, still does not have discs all round, only on the front axle.

yeah drums on the back its listed on parkers website that abs was an optional extra along with passenger airbag metallic paint alloys smokers pack etc etc

click the link input youre reg and it will tell you what youre car has ie build date its registered date interior colour and if it has abs http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

well that an interesting one, thanks for correcting me on it :)

I have a 1.6 with no abs but discs on the rear, ive done the coversion though :D

well that an interesting one, thanks for correcting me on it :)

I have a 1.6 with no abs but discs on the rear, ive done the coversion though :D

i was considering that myself but to be honest i cant be bothered the car brakes extremely well as is so i just left it dont like fixing things that aint broke usually gives me more headaches than anyrthing else

i was considering that myself but to be honest i cant be bothered the car brakes extremely well as is so i just left it dont like fixing things that aint broke usually gives me more headaches than anyrthing else

ha, well thats fair enough. i just decided i wanted to do something fun, so spent a couple hundred quid and got on with it :lol: took me 4 hours. and the best bit is the new handbrake cable.

No difference in the braking power compared to the drums, just looks better.

i did start a post about the conversion on here but never got round to finishing it :lol:

ha, well thats fair enough. i just decided i wanted to do something fun, so spent a couple hundred quid and got on with it :lol: took me 4 hours. and the best bit is the new handbrake cable.

No difference in the braking power compared to the drums, just looks better.

i did start a post about the conversion on here but never got round to finishing it :lol:

i upgraded the disks and calipers on my passat before i sold it to bigger 312mm ones wasnt hard to do but after wards i expected to notice a difference and i didnt so i kinda thought what was the point in getting bigger alloys etc to accomodate and i dont feel the difference it did look better though

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club