Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mudflaps

Bagheera

I consider to buy mudflaps - especially for the rear wheels. Would they really prevent excess dirt and the impact of gravel on some not-so-tarmac roads?

DEFINATELY well worth fitting from new. I have used them on all my cars, bought new, way back, since 1986. Only cost £60 for a set of 4, + fitting ( needs some holes drilled to take self-tapping screws). Those are the hard Ford ones, but if stones get flung about, rubbery ones may survive better.

One of my cars got its paint at the rear wheel-arches grit-blasted by the front wheels, and lost the top-coat of paint, as that layer wasn't bonded well to the undercoat. The dealer was incompetent and tried his hand at paint-spraying, but failed miserably. The cretin is now the finance director at a 4X4 dealership 200 miles away, and enjoying the good-life, with shooting and fishing sports and all his children and grand-children within 50 miles of him. Some people are born to push pens!!

• 2 months later...

DEFINATELY well worth fitting from new. I have used them on all my cars, bought new, way back, since 1986. Only cost £60 for a set of 4, + fitting ( needs some holes drilled to take self-tapping screws). Those are the hard Ford ones, but if stones get flung about, rubbery ones may survive better.

One of my cars got its paint at the rear wheel-arches grit-blasted by the front wheels, and lost the top-coat of paint, as that layer wasn't bonded well to the undercoat. The dealer was incompetent and tried his hand at paint-spraying, but failed miserably. The cretin is now the finance director at a 4X4 dealership 200 miles away, and enjoying the good-life, with shooting and fishing sports and all his children and grand-children within 50 miles of him. Some people are born to push pens!!

i agree i fitted them and they make a huge difference

Yup Mud Flaps are a must. I got a lot of damage to the sill of my car. Since fitting them I have not experienced anything other than light scuffing.

What i would say though is that check how your rear door meets the back wheel arch. If its not flush stones will destroy the paint in this area.

See my recent posting on this:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10841

The only cure i can see is to use helicopter tape in this area (although if anyone has any other suggestions i would appreciate them :) )

• 2 months later...

OK, just got some Ford flaps for my FOcus, and have realised they need drilling. It looks like a real bugger of a job, is it really fiddly, will a garage do it for me?

• 2 months later...

I'll have to install mudflaps for my car.

genuine for d flaps dont need drilling they come with clips to hold them and use a bolt alredy there as well aftermarket ones will need drilling or clamps to fit them drilling no i wouldnt do that mate ide go for the genuine flaps

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club