Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Egr valve

griffithsbilly86

So I have a 02 1.4 petrol engine fiesta dose it have an egr valve and can they be deleted on these engines? Of so where can I get the blanking plate from? And had anyone done this before? I know on Diesel engines it's better on performance is this the case with a petrol engine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure in saying only diesels have an egr valve as this is designed to recirculate the nitrous oxide (which is produced from the combustion of diesel) back through the engine to reduce larger quantities of these harmful gases from being emitted. I have a mk6.5 fiesta with the 1.6 hdi engine and am planning on blanking the Egr valve. Diesels produce a lot of soot so blanking out the Egr valve will reduce the amount of soot from building up in the engine thus not losing power. Down side is that the car will emit more of these harmful gases. 

Not just Diesel engines have an egr the Mitsubishi gdi petrol engine has one

Sorry about that, didn't think petrol have it. I did a search and I've only found things about the 1.4 diesel engines on the mk6 fiestas so I don't think the petrols would of had it but may need others knowledge. I don't see the benefits of blanking a egr in a petrol as petrol is more cleaner when burnt compared to diesel so there would be no / little carbon build up in the engine. The benefits from what I've read are:

-increased mpg 

-turbo spins up faster 

-reduction of carbon build up in the engine

Lol no problem I know that because I was on a Volvo forum when I had my v40. They use said Mitsubishi engine in the v40.

duratec 1.8/2.0 petrol have them also, but as for your 1.4 petrol the answer is no egr.

Oh ok cool I'll give it a good service and change lamber sensor then. Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club