Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pops & Bangs

BigDaveRS

Is there a way to get my fiesta to pop and bang, i don't mean all the time so i don't want a pop and crackle map that sound... well awful really, remaps are out of the question due to insurers saying they would NOT cover me and also warranty.

I Have the 1.0 ecoboost btw.

• Like 1

i remember when you guys were helpful :laugh:

• Like 8

Its normally done as in my cars case with a remap and  full exhaust mods and to get it to pop/bang better a decat. It will pop a bit with a standard exhaust but no where near  as good .As for a 125  1ltr zetec S some one with one will have to comment. Sorry but you have to enjoy HappyJam Rhys humour its really funny nothing personal I'm sure just fun

• Like 2

On 31/07/2017 at 4:25 PM, Luke4efc said:

Or get a Focus RS

Fun fact: The Mk3 Focus RS didn't pop and bang originally in development.

The engineers had to deliberately "un-optimise" the engine map to force excess fuel in to the exhaust and make it pop and bang. I think that map is tied to sport mode.

2 hours ago, Gizza11 said:

Its normally done as in my cars case with a remap and  full exhaust mods and to get it to pop/bang better a decat. It will pop a bit with a standard exhaust but no where near  as good .As for a 125  1ltr zetec S some one with one will have to comment. Sorry but you have to enjoy HappyJam Rhys humour its really funny nothing personal I'm sure just fun

Thanks man, i wasn't taking it personal at all haha.

3 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Fun fact: The Mk3 Focus RS didn't pop and bang originally in development.

The engineers had to deliberately "un-optimise" the engine map to force excess fuel in to the exhaust and make it pop and bang. I think that map is tied to sport mode.

Is that a similar setup to what the Audi's used to (or maybe still do)? A drop of fuel in the exhaust to give it that pop.

The mk2 sounded beautiful, especially with an upgraded exhaust and a remap. Certainly the best hot hatch sound by a long shot. Those 5 cylinder volvo engines are brilliant! Certainly lives up to volvos name of being indestructible.

I think in general to get pops and bangs (in a petrol) is to map the engine so it runs rich so some of the fuel gets to the exhaust and opening up the exhaust such as a decat so the pops and bangs are louder. Something I would love to do but need to get a petrol car and a job to get

• 2 years later...

i have a 13 plate 1.25 fiesta. whats the best exhaust system for it to be loud and best body kit want to do it up properly

1 hour ago, chrissymait said:

i have a 13 plate 1.25 fiesta. whats the best exhaust system for it to be loud and best body kit want to do it up properly

Why not get an ST?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club