Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ST2 manual steering lock

666Damian666

Hi all, 

I just picked up a 17 plate ST2 yesterday but it doesn't seem to have a manual steering lock like my 14 plate Zetec S had once the key was taken out the ignition and I turned the wheel slightly 

Strangely enough my dealer wasn't sure so I done some Googling thinking it might be because it's a push button start (not keyless entry) but I have read it locks automatically when you lock the car, so I thought I'd put that to the test and lock the car while sat in it and test the steering wheel but nothing locked into place

Any ST guys out there, can you shed some light on it for me please ??? 

but i bet you still had key in car when you locked it?

put the window down , lock the car from outside car. move key away from vehicle and put arm in to see if steering has locked

Haha yeah I did, I didn't think about that 

• Like 1

Cheers buddy I'll give that a try soon 

Just tried it, I sat in the car and someone else locked it from inside and locked it pressing the button once and again pressing the lock button twice and nothing happened 

Was that because I was in the car ? 

If im trying it like Ian said with the window down (it's raining so I can't try it yet) do I need to single or double lock it on the key fob ? 

If the ST2 is keyless start the steering lock should engage electronically ... Switch off and wait 5-10 minutes and you should hear a clunk. To release simply start the car and you'll hear it clunk to disengage 

No locking/unlocking car required in my car albeit different cars I would be sure the same behaviours happened 

1 minute ago, volts said:

If the ST2 is keyless start the steering lock should engage electronically ... Switch off and wait 5-10 minutes and you should hear a clunk. To release simply start the car and you'll hear it clunk to disengage 

Seconds you mean ? 

haven't counted but it is definitely more than seconds as I hear it engage when getting stuff out the boot etc. 

23 minutes ago, volts said:

haven't counted but it is definitely more than seconds as I hear it engage when getting stuff out the boot etc. 

Fair enough, hopefully mine is all alright 

Mine is keyless and the steering lock comes on if the ignition is off. You can turn the wheel until it is centred then it locks in place.

20 hours ago, CREED said:

Mine is keyless and the steering lock comes on if the ignition is off. You can turn the wheel until it is centred then it locks in place.

Mine doesn't seem to lock 

On 31/07/2017 at 6:32 PM, 666Damian666 said:

Just tried it, I sat in the car and someone else locked it from inside and locked it pressing the button once and again pressing the lock button twice and nothing happened 

Was that because I was in the car ? 

If im trying it like Ian said with the window down (it's raining so I can't try it yet) do I need to single or double lock it on the key fob ? 

Ahhhhhhhhh, that'll be it, it knows that you're trying this out. Really, it should say "get out of the car you nutter".

Similar prob when I put a shopping bag on the passenger seat, It expects me to safety belt it :laugh:

Too smart, too much to go wrong :sad: I miss my 1960's A35 van. £100 25k original tyres:wink:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club