Do Not Sell My Personal Information

more power

lasthope

alreet,, just abit info my car is a ford focus 1.6tdci 2008,thinking of getting it mapped or chipped what would be the  benefits be will I need to upgrade any parts to car cheaper the better for the upgrade,,thanks

Get it remapped you could see about 30-50 bhp increase and 70nm+ torque get it custom mapped also change your fuel filter before getting it done. You start talking silly money if you want serious power

Hi David i had mine remapped about 2 months ago and it was brilliant completely standard car no need for upgrade, Some say the clutch will need upgrading but no problems for me.

I had increase in power my focus hit 70 in 5th at 3000rpm after the remap it was 70 in 5th at around 2300rpm, Acceleration also improve quite allot.

I say go for it.

"I had increase in power my focus hit 70 in 5th at 3000rpm after the remap it was 70 in 5th at around 2300rpm, Acceleration also improve quite allot."

remapping can not alter the gearing!  The rpm at 70mph in 5th gear will stay the same.

But you might have more power to acceleate without changing down gear.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, isetta said:

remapping can not alter the gearing!  The rpm at 70mph in 5th gear will stay the same

It definitely changed.

My dad went to the same garage in his mercedes c220 auto had it remapped and when he picked it up the bloke said he altered the gearing so maybe done the same on mine not sure, all i know is my revs dropped for the speed i was doing compared to before the remap.

Isetta's right, there is no way you can change the gearing without removing the gearbox and changing the pairs of cogs... The only thing that could have changed is the way you're ECU is reporting revs on the instruments...  To quote Scotty "Ye cannae change the laws of physics, Captain"

• Like 2

"his mercedes c220 auto"  if it is a hydraulic auto it does not have fixed cogs so it may show different rpm at a certain speed depending on throttle position and load.   A manual can not change, defintely definitely not

• Like 1

cheers for the replys dudes, I don't want serious power just abit more with out upgraded parts so how much are we looking at,and any good place to take it iam in durham thanks

Clutch will only need upgraded once you hit passed 150bhp plus

13 hours ago, isetta said:

"his mercedes c220 auto"  if it is a hydraulic auto it does not have fixed cogs so it may show different rpm at a certain speed depending on throttle position and load.   A manual can not change, defintely definitely not

Sorry, it does... torque converter auto has FIXED ratios.  The Torque converter replaces the clutch, and "slips" for take off etc, but for efficiency these days the converter will "lock up" at a certain point but there will be a number of fixed ratios.  The only infinitely variable auto transmission (CVT) is based on the old DAF Variomatic principle of a pair of conical pulleys and belts, with the pulleys changing diameter to meet power demand.  Driving technique on these was pedal to the floor, engine rev like hell till you got to the speed you wanted, then back off the throttle...

PS the Merc has a torque converter gearbox, the latest of which is 9speed....http://techcenter.mercedes-benz.com/en/9g-tronic/detail.html

• Like 1

I had one of the DAF type CVT vehicles. A Volvo 343 hatchback, these were made at the old DAF place when Volvo took over DAF and the early Volvo 343/345 cars had no manual option, they only came with the DAF type CVT.  I thought it was really good. Quite a old feeling when you set off down the road and the engine speed stays constant and the car just gets faster and faster (it had a Renault 1400cc engine).   I know we are deviating a bit, nice to reminisce...

3 hours ago, isetta said:

I had one of the DAF type CVT vehicles. A Volvo 343 hatchback, these were made at the old DAF place when Volvo took over DAF and the early Volvo 343/345 cars had no manual option, they only came with the DAF type CVT.  I thought it was really good. Quite a old feeling when you set off down the road and the engine speed stays constant and the car just gets faster and faster (it had a Renault 1400cc engine).   I know we are deviating a bit, nice to reminisce...

Yeah, that's my memory... I was General Manager at Volvo and the first drive of a 340 was a revelation, and boy were they quick off the mark...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club