Do Not Sell My Personal Information

K&n panel filter

Zack

Hello, 

Has anyone got any advice on k&n air filter panel replacment. Just need spme advice as looking online there about £40 dont want to spend it and not notice much difference. I have zetec s 2016 model.

Would it be worth a change from the standard ford filter?

Would i notice any difference  in noise/performance ?

Link to panel filter im considering buying.

https://www.knfilters.co.uk/mobile/mProduct.aspx?product=33-2955

Performance no but maybe little to no improvement in throttle response, noise yes you will hear more induction noise

So irs basiclly £40 for a little gain in noise?😂

18 minutes ago, Zack said:

Hello, 

Has anyone got any advice on k&n air filter panel replacment. Just need spme advice as looking online there about £40 dont want to spend it and not notice much difference. I have zetec s 2016 model.

Would it be worth a change from the standard ford filter?

Would i notice any difference  in noise/performance ?

Link to panel filter im considering buying.

https://www.knfilters.co.uk/mobile/mProduct.aspx?product=33-2955

A little more noise, ...

A little induction noise dont sound worth it my opinion 

it does allow more air to the engine so there is minimal performance increase due to being less restrictive

Im new to all this car stuff sorry, whats the gain of a mountune silcone pipe?

26 minutes ago, Zack said:

Im new to all this car stuff sorry, whats the gain of a mountune silcone pipe?

Think it's less restrictive but same again not really any gain but it does look good so depending on price I'd get one

I want more turbo noise whats the best thing to do thats easy to do 😂 sorry im new to all this 

You could remove the airbox and fit a cone filter, they seem to provide more noise in my experience. You can pick up a generic cone for around £15 although they are single use in the way that once they are dirty you throw them away. The K&N filters can be cleaned and oiled

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have been reading other posts and people are saying that they can be a bad thing sucking in hot air. If i was to go for a cone is it easy to fit and where can i buy one?😃 praferably with box

Held on with a jubilee clip in my experience, so maybe 30 mins if it's your first time as well as removing the airbox. I personally think it's a daft idea, a cone will suck in hot air from the engine bay (petrol doesn't combust well with hot air, hence why turbo cars have intercoolers) as well as more dirt as they're not as fine of filter.

You can try and keep it in your stock airbox, but I doubt it will fit. Even then there is no point in adding the filter.

a filter panel no real differnce apparently and cone sucks in hot air or pay alot for a good air system 

Yes, cone filters will suck in warm air from the engine but it will also be force fed cold air from outside too. You could put a heat shield in between the engine and the cone and/or try and get the cone lower down and nearer the front like behind a headlight. Could you not also use the existing cold air feed pipe aimed toward the cone to increase the cold air being fed in. This is just what I have read/been told in the past. I used a cone on my previous TSI and TCe engines and didn't notice a drop in performance but to be fair these aren't really 'performance' cars, it did increase the sound though which I never got bored of hearing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you want silicone pipes, I'd recommend Forge motorsport. They're cheaper than mountune and amazing quality. I've fitted one along with a k&n panel filter. 

I cant really see any performance difference but induction noise has definitely got louder. 

Alrhough im going to getting the Forge cone filter with heat shield in the next month or so. 

IMG_1540.JPG

• Like 1

I need more induction noise that might be my solution panel filter and some new pipes

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club