Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ANDROID AND USB INITIALIZING ARRRGH

minimansam

Hey Everyone,

So I just went and treated my self a Samsung S8+, After being an iPhone user for so long I thought I'd go a different way BUT now my world is falling apart (well maybe an exaggeration but anyway).

SO I synced the bluetooth with no problems, and then I plugged in the USB 3.1 Connector and O crap. Charges fines, but it will only come up unknown format then USB initialising, and then when I disconnect the USB to try and go bluetooth it won't change to bluetooth. when i've got Line in selected and press AUX it just comes up USB initialising WITH NOTHING CONNECTED and the only way to stop this is turning off the ignition.

Has anyone seen this with android? I am regretting my decision :(

Shes a 2012 Fiesta Titanium TDCI econetic

Thanks everyone :)

Your Fiesta can't communicate with Android over USB and being how new the phone is, it's probably getting confused.

The only thing it could read from it, is your files (like music), if the phone has a USB mass storage mode.

Thanks :) I think it does I will have a play and see if I can make i happen :)

You have to enable developer mode and then turn on USB debugging.

Settings - System - About Device

Now find where it says build number and tap it 10 times.

After 10 times, go back to "System" and there will be an option for Developer Options, from there enable USB Debugging.

Now from here, connect your phone to your computer and an option on your phone should pop up stating what kind of connection you want between your phone and computer. MTP mode is enabled now.

Make sure your screen is 'awake' when you plug in the USB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think Sync 1 even supports MTP.

I only ever got USB mass transfer working.

I wasn't sure but thought it was worth a try. I've been quite surprised that a Microsoft Sync unit works better when paired with an Apple device rather than android. IMO bluetooth connection when using android is fine, everything works.

It doesn't help that Android is so fragmented. :(

It doesn't help that Android is so fragmented. :(

That is the worst thing about Android, it has an impact on most of the services. It's not enough to push me to Apple though, I will be getting the S8 or 9 when I upgrade, if the S9 is released of course. I have the iPad but it is only for Internet related antics, everything else is done using android.

• Like 1

Blimey, i'm still using an S3 and 1000mins 1000txts 1.5Gig for £5 per month on Plusnet.

Then again, i'm a tight_rse :wink:

• Like 3

I've got my S7+ with unlimited texts and minutes and a 10G data allowance, all for the low low price of £40/month. That is with NHS discount. The Mrs has a similar deal but has an iPhone 6S for £44/month. Then we have our land line and Internet on top of that. No change from £120, it's ridiculous when you see it on paper. Saying that though I really don't think we could 'happily' have less. We also have Netflix, Sky+, Apple TV and amazon Prime. And Kodi, but that is free. To many that might be an extravagance but neither of us smoke or drink so it's our vice. That and my car [emoji16]

• Like 1

£40/month + £44/month????????????????

Jesus H Christ.

£120?????????????

+ Netflix, Sky+, Apple TV and amazon Prime. And Kodi.

I dunno whether to laugh or cry.

Extravagance? LMFAO.

I'm sorry, Jon but you're the type who the ...............

Nope, I refuse to get another warning point and bow my head to the admins.

I humbly apologise for my thoughts.

6 hours ago, winemart2 said:

£40/month + £44/month????????????????

Jesus H Christ.

£120?????????????

+ Netflix, Sky+, Apple TV and Amazon Prime. And Kodi.

I dunno whether to laugh or cry.

Extravagance? LMFAO.

I'm sorry, Jon but you're the type who the ...............

Nope, I refuse to get another warning point and bow my head to the admins.

I humbly apologise for my thoughts.

But people spent £1000's on a two week holiday, and if you read the posts on the moneysavingexpert motoring forums anyone who spends more than £500 on a car (or even worse dares to buy a new one) is completely mad.

• Like 1

It's ok @winemart2 please go ahead and tell me what 'type' of person I am. Actually, I'll save you the bother - me and my wife both work extremely hard in full time, thankless jobs for the NHS. We don't drink or smoke, we haven't been on holiday since 2008 and we have a 13month old daughter. We've been through more in our 10 years together than some have to endure in a lifetime. I broke my back 7 years ago and then again 5 weeks ago but I still work (intend to go back soon) 40hrs a week helping other people. That's not even the half of it though. We rarely go out and have expensive meals. So communication and entertainment are the luxury items that we spend our money on, that's after our mortgage, car payments, food and fuel and whatever my daughter needs. But if you can give me any further insight into what 'type' of person I am then please, go ahead.

I make no apology for defending myself or my life choices, have a good day.

• Like 3

I don't scrimp on luxuries.
As far as I'm concerned, if you work hard and earn a decent wage then why feel guilty about what you buy with it.
The thing I object to is people on benefits that all have the latest iphones, x-boxes and huge tv's.
You work hard- you reap the rewards. Simples [emoji846]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

It's ok @winemart2 please go ahead and tell me what 'type' of person I am.

I'm sorry, Jon. I'm such a tight_rse that £40 for a months phone is alien to me.

I must be trying to 'take it with me' like my father tried to do.

• Like 1

"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." (Matthew 19:24) [emoji41]

It's OK Clive, I don't wanna go there anyway although I don't much relish the "tea break over back on your heads" kick.

• Like 1

If I go to hell I'll be too busy catching up with old friends to be tortured for infinity [emoji4].
BTW, your quote is from a very old joke indeed [emoji848]

Blimey, an S7 owner, but does it know how many beans make 5?:laugh:

?

A bean a bean a bean and half a bean and half a bean.

Sent from my Acer TravelMate 292LMI

Bean on all day every day for 12 years, c'mon Acer, that must be worth something:wink:

16:9? you can shove it, 4:3 is the ticket:laugh:

I'm still learning