Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best remap for 2014 Titanium 1.0 125 Ecoboost

LocheeBhoy
聽Share

Looking for some advice here so please feel free to comment...

have owned my fiesta since new, now just had its 3rd birthday and showing 16k on the clock so think it's pretty well run in and fancy giving it a little bit of oomph!

have looked at Revolution, Collins, Mountune, etc but really looking for experienced owners to give me some feedback on the best way forward and what the best products are.

look forward to hearing back from the community...

my first post btw so please be gentle! 馃槈

Be careful who you go with on the Fiesta 1.0.

There are known problems of synchros going as many remaps lift the torque limits Ford put in place to protect the gearbox. The 125PS is already putting out the maximum torque the IB5 is designed for.

@GingerFlame also had his engine go pop, I can't remember who that was with though.

If you have any warranty you care about, then your only option is Mountune MP135. I hear good things about superchips/bluefin although imo they still lift torque limits too much.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Be careful who you go with on the Fiesta 1.0.

There are known problems of synchros going as many remaps lift the torque limits Ford put in place to protect the gearbox. The 125PS is already putting out the maximum torque the IB5 is designed for.

@GingerFlame also had his engine go pop, I can't remember who that was with though.

If you have any warranty you care about, then your only option is Mountune MP135. I hear good things about superchips/bluefin although imo they still lift torque limits too much.

Appreciate your thoughts on this, I was actually swaying towards the Revo Stage 1 but wanted to hear what others thoughts were before deciding for sure.

didnt appreciate the potential impact on the gearbox though...I hadn't heard of this before but tbh I've not really researched it much either.

im not too fussy about warranties, but don't want to have to replace the gearbox either!

really just looking for something to give it a little kick as I've heard there's so much potential in the engine that isn't being utilised fully.

Edited by alexp999
bypassing swear filter

Isn't it out of warrenty anyway now?

As others have said be careful about the torque and the gearbox. It may be smooth, but it's also made from cheese. Clutch would probably be your next issue, but i doubt you will get that much power

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

Isn't it out of warrenty anyway now?

As others have said be careful about the torque and the gearbox. It may be smooth, but it's also made from cheese. Clutch would probably be your next issue, but i doubt you will get that much power

Tbh Luke I don't know if it's out of warranty or not...it's not something I'm concerned about. 聽I've no intention of ever selling the car, it'll go to my daughter in a few years time when she's old enough to drive.

I do have it serviced by a friend who is very good at what he does, runs his own garage, is trustworthy, uses only original manufacturers parts...and most importantly doesn't try to rip me off like the big garages!

I'm just a bit bored with it and want to see if there's some way of giving it a little bit of a kick.

Most places I've looked at say they can improve the power by around 25% but never really thought about the聽gearbox, I take it that it's a different gearbox on the 150 bhp variant and so better able to deal with the engines output?

7 hours ago, alexp999 said:

The 125PS is already putting out the maximum torque the IB5 is designed for.

That's a bummer, I'll expect gearbox probs then since I only get 34mpg.

3 hours ago, Damien said:

You will get email tomoz pal 馃憤

What the heck have I done now?

10 hours ago, winemart2 said:

That's a bummer, I'll expect gearbox probs then since I only get 34mpg.

What did you get done? Remap?

LOL no, it's a stock 125 but I tend to hit the 'go' pedal a bit.

• Like 2

Hi!

As far im concerned, i did a lot of research before remapping mine with bluefin (super chips). And, by the grace of God i still haven't faced any serious issues. Maybe just a coil pack and spark plugs, that Ford changed for me in warranty. My experience with it its good, have it since February and going good. Also, you have to keep in mind that we own a 1.0, so going Toreto mood everyday is not good too for our engines.

Cheers!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club