Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What brake pads?

bananacat
聽Share

Mrs has a 2014 1.0 ecoboost and I want to change the brake pads but there seems to be 2 types listed. Any ideas what she will need?

Have a look on Euro car parts, enter your Reg No, then click on performance & it should give you the correct fitment. I've put EBC Greenstuff on mine which have a better feel than stock in normal use and less fade/ more bite when pushing it a little. Also once bedded in create a lot less brake dust on the wheels!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kossofffan said:

Have a look on Euro car parts, enter your Reg No, then click on performance & it should give you the correct fitment. I've put EBC Greenstuff on mine which have a better feel than stock in normal use and less fade/ more bite when pushing it a little. Also once bedded in create a lot less brake dust on the wheels!

Eurocarparts are listing 2 sizes 馃槕

2 types of braking systems Lucus or TRW

1 hour ago, bananacat said:

2 types of braking systems Lucus or TRW

Just two different brands not actual brake systems

No they are braking systems according to the spec of the pads. They also have different brands like Brembo etc. The difference between the systems seems to be size and one type is a solid pad and the other has a split in the middle. Screenshot_20170805-141648.thumb.png.1b94714863a5f6dc6a7a500da62944fd.png

Screenshot_20170805-141640.png

• Like 1

For anything other than the ST you want pads which say "for vehicles with rear drum brakes".

whilst I have bought from eurocarparts on many occasions I do find their prices a little high for brake pads. You will be able to get them between 15-20 quid including postage on eBay. Although I am not making any comment on the quality of different brands. On some you get a fitting kit with them. some you don't . It is unlikely you would really need the fitting kit on a car of your age.

Be careful of fakes on eBay - it is rife with them for many branded car parts. Difficult to work out in advance which they are though so this聽聽is where an established bricks-and-mortar retailer can be beneficial, even if they might be slightly more expensive.

ECP are like DFS with a seemingly endless sale so try not to buy on the rare occasion when there isn't one on! Also, carparts4less.co.uk are the same company, just trading online only, and so tend to be a fair bit cheaper (pretty much ECP sale prices but all the time e.g. the Pagid pads shown above are 拢46.99 at ECP and only 拢31.68 at CP4L).

Guys I'm asking what braking system it would be not about price. Thank you though. The pictures are only a guide as everywhere I have looked quote both types of breaking system and no one says front pads for rear drum breaks.

The two types vary in size and whether you've got drums on the rear or not. Determining the latter is obviously easy but if you want to be doubly sure measure your current pads.聽

• Like 1

I watched a TV program recently on fakes. 聽 One of the items listed was fake brake pads being sold on eBay. 聽 One set they tested were more or less useless. 聽 For something as important as brake pads, I don't mind paying a bit extra to make sure I get the right gear.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bobr said:

I watched a TV program recently on fakes. 聽 One of the items listed was fake brake pads being sold on eBay. 聽 One set they tested were more or less useless. 聽 For something as important as brake pads, I don't mind paying a bit extra to make sure I get the right gear.

Not just eBay, euro car parts and Eicher pads! they should come with a grinder in the box to help make them fit! absolute garbage that shouldn't be allowed.聽

• Like 2

I have just purchased some Brembo ones to fit tonight. Will let you know how I get on and how they perform

• Like 1

On 8/5/2017 at 2:21 PM, bananacat said:

Screenshot_20170805-141640.png

It's those ones mate, the other type are only fitted to the ST hence the bigger size. Hope it helps.聽

And while we are on it, 拢34.99 from ECP!聽:ohmy:聽Jesus! We sell them out at roughly 20 quid a set!聽

As mentioned Eicher pads are absolute rubbish, the same can be said for the disks as well look like they've been knocked up in a garden shed. Problem is the all the Eicher stuff is coming out of India and quality control is... Well I don't think they have any聽:laugh:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nick_T said:

It's those ones mate, the other type are only fitted to the ST hence the bigger size. Hope it helps.聽

And while we are on it, 拢34.99 from ECP!聽:ohmy:聽Jesus! We sell them out at roughly 20 quid a set!聽

As mentioned Eicher pads are absolute rubbish, the same can be said for the disks as well look like they've been knocked up in a garden shed. Problem is the all the Eicher stuff is coming out of India and quality control is... Well I don't think they have any聽:laugh:

and not to mention everyone in this country wants everything cheap聽:dry:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update,

Fitted Brembo pads, much better. Discs could do with changing but i'll be part exing the car pretty soon so don't know if it's worth it. Perform a lot better than the standard ford ones that were on there.

Thanks for all your help. I also went for the Brembo.

5 hours ago, bananacat said:

Thanks for all your help. I also went for the brembo.

At least you are sorted mate

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club