Do Not Sell My Personal Information

As a member of the forum ...

Nug878

I'd like to all remind you to be extremely careful whilst driving with these weather conditions in the UK at the moment.

I thought I'd post this in the most popular section of the website, any administrators feel free to move this topic elsewhere.

This is what's left of my Focus after a bump on Friday afternoon ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgwZLGkMa7Y

"After a morning of snowboarding and sledging on Friday 8th January 2010, when me and 3 other friends were on our way home we crashed. I was driving up a shallow incline on a right hand bend as a BMW 320d tourer was coming down. The road was narrow and only wide enough for one vehicle. We were both doing in between 5-10mph, we saw eachother, braked, but due to the icy road conditions it was inevitable that we hit eachother. This is what's left of my car. But thankfully all 5 people in the crash were un-hurt.

I posted this video to warn people, especially with our current weather conditions in the UK, how merciless this ice can be on the roads. So be careful, plan well ahead, and only use the car if you absolutely have to.

Thanks. "

Oh that's so sad! Glad you were all unhurt though.

nice to see you back Luke!!

i saw what happened on facebook, shame, that car always looked really nice, at least none of you were hurt.

any ideas what your next one will be matey? :)

nice to see you back Luke!!

i saw what happened on facebook, shame, that car always looked really nice, at least none of you were hurt.

any ideas what your next one will be matey? :)

Thanks Mike. Been busy that's why haven't been on much.

Have done the maths, if all goes to plan and I save like mad alongside a mass of overtime in work ... I should be able to afford a decent car by September. Well, hopefully by then otherwise I'll be a passenger on this road trip me and some mates got organised for then lol.

I need a diesel. Obviously a Focus is definitely on my list. Other 2 options, sorry to say will be a a Mk.4 Vauxhall Astra due to them being very cheap to insure for me. And something to think about if I'm really doing well with money is a Peugeot 307, but a bit thrown off of them at the same time because I'm hearing a lot of horror stories about their electrical problems! :lol:

Yes i have heard a lot of problems with 307's!!

Getting another focus sounds like a good plan, shame you have to wait so long. I know i couldn't manage that long without a car now! When will you know about the insurance company's verdict?

Yes i have heard a lot of problems with 307's!!

Getting another focus sounds like a good plan, shame you have to wait so long. I know i couldn't manage that long without a car now! When will you know about the insurance company's verdict?

It's not going to be easy lol, and I'm definitely not looking forward to my first train journey tomorrow for college! :lol:

Trying to get my Dad to let me get insured on his 2005 Vauxhall Astra ... But at the same time I'm not sure because it'll be burning valuble money for a new car.

I reported the accident on Friday. So did the other driver, both told our guardian angels at Endsleigh and More Than that there was no fault from any of us. And I've been told I'll be expecting a phone call tomorrow morning. Presumably to arrange for my car to be expected, although to be honest I haven't got a clue because I haven't done this sort of thing before. Crashing cars isn't exactly my hobby. :lol:

I'm hoping I get some sort of pay out though ... Since the BMW driver is fully comp. :D

ahhh yes, keep us all informed on the proceedings!

good to see one of the old crew back!!

Blimey mate! Glad to see it's a 'slight' impact, no doubt due to your careful speed. If the airbag didn't go off it may be repaired, if so then at least you can sell it? If not then don't forget to haggle like mad with your insurers.

Blimey mate! Glad to see it's a 'slight' impact, no doubt due to your careful speed. If the airbag didn't go off it may be repaired, if so then at least you can sell it? If not then don't forget to haggle like mad with your insurers.

Maybe, although I was thinking about getting a new car anyway so if it is fixed I may sell it. I don't know, assumed it would be a write off being it a 10 year old car so haven't thought much about if it gets done. I'm just surprised how much my car fell apart compared to the BMW ... :blink:

It's a good job you went into someone that has been so co-operative, could have been very easy to have to deal with someone incredibly awkward and stereotypical of young drivers!

Maybe, although I was thinking about getting a new car anyway so if it is fixed I may sell it. I don't know, assumed it would be a write off being it a 10 year old car so haven't thought much about if it gets done. I'm just surprised how much my car fell apart compared to the BMW ... :blink:

Well you never know, see what they say. And just think, a BMW bumper and bonnet will probably cost as much as all your repairs put together!!

You may want to brush over the license plate too mate just in case?

No he was really good about it all. He could see how shocked I was (being it my first crash) I was a quivering wreck. So he was really concerned about me, but then I calmed down and we agreed it was nobodies fault and it was due to the ice. So yeah, really decent bloke.

And yeah maybe, shall see what is said tomorrow when they ring me up. :)

No he was really good about it all. He could see how shocked I was (being it my first crash) I was a quivering wreck. So he was really concerned about me, but then I calmed down and we agreed it was nobodies fault and it was due to the ice. So yeah, really decent bloke.

And yeah maybe, shall see what is said tomorrow when they ring me up. :)

i would be exactly the same! wouldn't know what to do, what to ask for, how to go about things, anything!!

i suppose i should do really, single track lane to school and back every day, something is bound to happen one day!!!

You said the other driver is fully comp, are you? If not warch out for the insurance companies doing a deal and making you 100% to blame to avoid costs for your repair.. It ued to be common for insurers to do this 3rd party polices don't pay out if the driver is deemed to be at fault.

Glad to hear everyone is ok.

You said the other driver is fully comp, are you? If not warch out for the insurance companies doing a deal and making you 100% to blame to avoid costs for your repair.. It ued to be common for insurers to do this 3rd party polices don't pay out if the driver is deemed to be at fault.

Glad to hear everyone is ok.

That's worrying then... I'm 3rd party F&T.

Don't worry just be aware, you have witnesses and an amicable other party so should be ok. Not all insurers are the same but there are a few who will try it on and go for the cheapest option for them. Don't force the issue up front (the insurers may not of thought of it) but if the need arises use all the advantage you have it is considerable with the witnesses.

I hope it all just goes through smoothly with no issues.

Sorry about all the mess, glad your ok!

I have one just like that.. the key for the gym i mean! :lol: damn lockers

Heard anything from the insurance company yet??

Oh dear. I read you also said you told your insurers that it wasn't anyone's fault. I think the best you can hope for is 50/50 which means you will only get half of whatever the claim is. At worst, they will treat it as "knock for knock" and you won't get anything. Being fully comp, he will get 100% of his whichever way they deal with it.

To be able to claim from another driver, you need to prove the other driver was negligent. You may have blown that by stating it was no-one's fault.

Good luck though!

I'd like to all remind you to be extremely careful whilst driving with these weather conditions in the UK at the moment.

I thought I'd post this in the most popular section of the website, any administrators feel free to move this topic elsewhere.

This is what's left of my Focus after a bump on Friday afternoon ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgwZLGkMa7Y

"After a morning of snowboarding and sledging on Friday 8th January 2010, when me and 3 other friends were on our way home we crashed. I was driving up a shallow incline on a right hand bend as a BMW 320d tourer was coming down. The road was narrow and only wide enough for one vehicle. We were both doing in between 5-10mph, we saw eachother, braked, but due to the icy road conditions it was inevitable that we hit eachother. This is what's left of my car. But thankfully all 5 people in the crash were un-hurt.

I posted this video to warn people, especially with our current weather conditions in the UK, how merciless this ice can be on the roads. So be careful, plan well ahead, and only use the car if you absolutely have to.

Thanks. "

Your all right and that's what matters.

Well at least you have had your first crash, so no longer a virgin. Touching the brakes is the last thing you do in these conditions, if you can help it. I tend to drive on my gears as a matter of course. I cannot see the point of stuffing quids worth of petrol into the engine, only to burn it off on my brake pads.

Hope it goes well with the insurance.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a very quick update. The my case holder from Endsliegh has confirmed the claim will be dealt with on a 50/50 basis, in other words, nobody's fault. :)

Glad to hear it! Any ideas what your next car will be and when?

Glad to hear it! Any ideas what your next car will be and when?

Still not sure about the car to be honest. I might even be getting this one fixed yet. But won't be for a month or 2. I've been doing ship loads of overtime in work for a hefty wage at the end of February. And March we get the annual bonus. So hoping to get something sorted just after that.