Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 Focus Bluetooth/USB/Aux/Voice Control Not Working

jakerwalton

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum, going to be honest I never signed up because I went a bit mad modifying my last car and I thought not being on a forum would stop me from getting ideas about playing with this car!

I have a 2012 Ford Focus Titanium, owned it for about 9 months now. Been a great car, done everything I've asked of it (and some things I've not asked like wheel bearings going at 32k!)

So I recently tried to unpair a phone from the bluetooth and since then all of the above have stopped working. Seems like my car is having a hissy fit because I was fed up of listening to the other halves music whenever she got in the car! So I took it to my Ford dealership for some advice and they wanted to charge ridiculous amounts of money just to book it in and try and diagnose it. Could be talking £300+ which I was a bit annoyed about paying on the off chance they can fix it.

I was wondering if anyone on here has any advice for me to try and get it working for myself.

So far I have disconnected the battery for half an hour which in theory should have reset everything but still no luck. I believe the 2012 Focus with the sony headunit has a separate bluetooth module underneath the glovebox, but disconnecting that wouldn't do anything different to disconnecting the battery to rest everything in theory.

Any advice would be great. I have 6 weeks off work and am determined to not be conned by Ford for something unnecessary if possible.

Thanks

Jake

• 1 month later...

Thought I would update this thread, just in case anyone else was having the same issue and was looking for a resolution in the future.

I bought a used bluetooth module off eBay for £30 ish to try out.

Radio out, gear gaitor up, handbrake trim off, other centre console covers pulled to the sides to get the climate control unit out and the bluetooth module is located behind there.

Plugged it in and connected the stereo back up to test it out and it connected to my phone straight away. Then I noticed I had another wire that wasn't connected to anything!

There is one port for the loom to connect to the bluetooth module and another which powers the usb/aux/voice control which is a mini usb type connection. Sent the bluetooth module back and bought one with two ports, connected it all back up and problem resolved! New module cost me £75, so a great saving for some basic work over a Ford dealerships price.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club