Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Ecoboost Titanium 5dr

Frank Machin

i must have been a funeral director in a past life. i get 68-70 mpg to work and back, hardly any other vehicles on the route i take so i can it easy ( still doing 45-50mph on most of my journey)
not wasting my fuel rushing to and from work.
1.0 focus.
still got140hp when i need it at other times, motorway, racing from the lights in town with my baseball cap on backwards.lol

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

Where abouts in Scotland were you @CyprusPluto

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I spent 5 years in Shetland, living in various places before moving to Scrabster, near Thurso for 6 months and then finally ended up in Ayrshire 

• Like 1

Right, I know Scrabster. I'm up in Inverness. I was wondering if you were a police Officer, it was a short term stint in Shetland that made me think that.

6 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

Right, I know Scrabster. I'm up in Inverness. I was wondering if you were a police Officer, it was a short term stint in Shetland that made me think that.

I loved Shetland; was sad to leave, but when my job ended I needed to downsize house and house prices up there became ridiculous when the millionaires kept buying up properties at vastly inflated prices to rent out to the oil workers. In 2011, I tried to buy a policeman's house that was up for sale in Ocraquoy, but couldn't get the mortgage

Yes, house prices are scary! Like you said it's the rich folk buying them to make even more money. I suppose you can't blame them but it is a little unfair, especially if people want to settle down there. I've never been over to Shetland, it is on my 'to do' list though, along with the west coast.

Hi all

Thanks for the replies, tips and informatiom. I am still waiting on the dealer to get in touch..vehicle is brought closer to me for viewing. They want 8.5k on  a 15 plate with 22.5k on th clock..is that a fair price?

48 minutes ago, Frank Machin said:

Hi all

Thanks for the replies, tips and informatiom. I am still waiting on the dealer to get in touch..vehicle is brought closer to me for viewing. They want 8.5k on  a 15 plate with 22.5k on th clock..is that a fair price?

A quick check online shows that such cars are usually 'priced' at £9.5-10k with that mileage, but it would depend on extras they have. Do a quick check yourself before buying

• Like 1

That does sound somewhat on the cheap side. My first focus would probably be on spec, condition and anything that might be lurking at that price.

• Like 1

Should i be worried that something is untoward at that price? Is there a basic vehicle inspection sheet (idiots guide) online I could download and take with me?

just looked ta the details

FORD FIESTA 1.0 EcoBoost Titanium 5dr. - Petrol Turbo 
Mileage: 22,699
1 Registered Keeper

Price: £8717

3 hours ago, Frank Machin said:

Should i be worried that something is untoward at that price? Is there a basic vehicle inspection sheet (idiots guide) online I could download and take with me?

just looked ta the details

FORD FIESTA 1.0 EcoBoost Titanium 5dr. - Petrol Turbo 
Mileage: 22,699
1 Registered Keeper

Price: £8717

I wouldn't worry unduly. Take a look at the car and see what you think. If you don't like it, there are others. Colour and Engine size will affect price as does the dealer you buy from.

Arnold Clark presently have 3 Fiesta Titanium 5-doors on 15 plates. Black 18k miles for £9k, White 14k miles for £9k and Blue 6600 miles for £9.5k. The black and blue ones are 100PS, the white one doesn't say. So the one you're looking at isn't vastly different to them. Ford Approved used cars are priced higher and you can easily pay £10k for one with 15-20k miles on the clock

• Like 1

Right fellas, I looked at the car today and although the car looks very nice, I have found some issues. I hope you can help me with them please?

The car was delivered to the local dealer Monday. I saw it advertised at their other dealership for £8717 with 22669 mileage. However, when i checked the mileage today it was 26065. The salesman said they would fill the tank up, if i choose to purchase the car as a way of an apology for it being misrepresented. I told him i was insulted by their offer.

I found a few small scratches and chips here and there which they said they would put right. I also found that there was no spare wheel. The salesman said cars do not come with spares any more and an emergency tyre gas repair kit was in the boot.

Everything else seemed ok but when listening to the engine under the bonnet. I noticed that it seemed to be noisier than my 13year old Fiat Still 1.4. I recorded the engine but do know if can attach sound files to this forum?

They don't sound like showstoppers to me, notwithstanding the engine sound. On this point though note that it is a 3 cylinder and so will sound different to a normal 4 cylinder given the different (and greater) vibrations. It also has direct injection and relatively high compression and so may well sound rather like a diesel given that it is basically a diesel engine designed to run on petrol.

He is right about the spare wheel - I ended up buying a steel spare off eBay as I don't like the idea of a repair kit (selling the kit nearly covered the cost of the wheel+jack). Scratches and chips are common to but they ought to have contracts with someone to sort those out.

The mileage discrepancy is annoying and I'd be inclined to push for a bit more discount. Afterall, you could still walk away given that it is not as described. That said, don't let it sour the deal if you are otherwise happy.

• Like 1

Basically agree with Mathew. My engine is pretty quiet (I am comparing to the 2.5 Turbo 5-pot). I'm not as knowledgeable about the engine as he is, but even when revving it, it doesn't intrude.

The spare wheel is an option, like most cars now. The wheel, jack etc cost me £100 from Ford.

Stone chips are inevitable, although scratches are a nuisance, particularly if they are more than just surface marks. If you are unsure, remember there are 10's of thousands of Fiestas out there

• Like 1

The engine did sound like a diesel so your explanation now makes complete sense. I am very annoyed about the 3k difference in mileage and to be offered only a full tank is insulting. How far could i realistically push that?

The chips and scratches they said they would put right so that is a non issue. I am not so comfortable about driving around without a spare..old hat??

The salesman also said they do not have codes for the sound system anymore..is that true?

Only you can really decide about the mileage issue. One way of looking at it is how much would you have been prepared to pay had it been the higher mileage in the first instance? If it were me I'd probably have paid just the same, but I do think there is a point of principle here now that it has only come to light after the fact.

Fully agree on the spare wheel front. If I have an issue with a wheel I want to be on my way again as soon as possible. There are many an issue that gunk won't fix - blowout, buckled alloy, etc. I just see them as penny pinching by the manufacturers if not an outright revenue stream from those that specify them as an option from new.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club