Chris Ecc

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S 1.6
  • Year: 2009

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:23 PM

Even though these things probly never get read i've just completed my Ford Customer Survey about buying a new fiesta, I feel alot better not i've finally been able to vent my anger about the terrible service I had from my dealership which tbh I think has alot to do with my age, also had the chance to comment the tech included with my zetec s so made it clear to ford the standard offering on the 'sports' model is terrible :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Michael P

Michael P

Traitor to Ford

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts
  • Name: Michael
  • Ford Model: Vauxhall Corsa
  • Year: 2011

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:30 PM

Show it to the man!

#3 Chris Ecc

Chris Ecc

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:36 PM

when fmc gets the survey he's gonna need extra sheets to get his anger across! :lol:

#4 pouly

pouly

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta titanium 1.4 sea grey

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:48 PM

still got to fill mine in was yours from evans halshaw wrexham chris, as this is my second car in 3 months went in on fri for bonnet realignment they did not do handbrake can drive it on 5 notches i had reversing sensors fitted dont know if they are in the right place :(

#5 Chris Ecc

Chris Ecc

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 12:46 AM

yer mine was from evans halshaw in wrexham, all i've heard about them is bad things, ChrisZetecS got his car from there too and suffered a similar bad experience, im dreading when the service comes around. Drive on 5 notches :o I'd take that in and complain!

#6 Nico.

Nico.

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • Name: Ryan
  • Ford Model: Ford fiesta MK7

Posted 11 January 2010 - 01:06 AM

Even though these things probly never get read i've just completed my Ford Customer Survey about buying a new fiesta, I feel alot better not i've finally been able to vent my anger about the terrible service I had from my dealership which tbh think has alot to do with my age, also had the chance to comment the tech included with my zetec s so made it clear to ford the standard offering on the 'sports' model is terrible :)

i know the feeling mate!! i 17 and its my 1st car a 5 door mk7 fez and they seem like they cant be arsed with me or ewt i say which dus take the mic

#7 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Ford Model: New Fiesta 1.4 Titanium
Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:11 AM

i know the feeling mate!! i 17 and its my 1st car a 5 door mk7 fez and they seem like they cant be arsed with me or ewt i say which dus take the mic

You want to see if they can fix your keyboard as well.

#8 Nipz

Nipz

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec MK7
Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:15 AM

You want to see if they can fix your keyboard as well.

:P

#9 pouly

pouly

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta titanium 1.4 sea grey

Posted 11 January 2010 - 01:59 PM

booked in wednesday first thing

#10 FMC

FMC

• PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta mk7 Zetec-S TDCi + Eibachs

Posted 11 January 2010 - 02:46 PM

This really annoys me - i've a lot of sales experience, mainly industrial B2B sales but one of the most fundamental principles of every sale, regardless of the product or business, is that it is still a human based decision making process on whether to make a buying commitment and how the whole sales 'experience' makes us 'feel'. Buying a vehicle is one of the most emotive experiences, perhaps second-most to buying a house, that any one of us will ever go through and repeatedly so throughout our lives. So on these bases, i would like to think that a car salesman/woman would see a 17y/o buying a brand new car as a potential cash cow for many, many years to come, and pull out all the stops to make them feel special and a valuable customer, so that they keep coming back! A lot of 'good' salespeople in the car trade manage to retain customers even when they move dealerships and sometimes even if they move to a different brand, becasue they are so good at what they do!

To everyone that has a poor experience during or after the purchase of your car, whether new or used, i hope you take the time to make detailed feedback about every aspect of your buying experience - i just hope that the people receiving your feedback in the customer services departments are bothered enough to follow up on any criticisms and complaints and put right any wrongs, rather than just filling in spreadsheets and graphs.

Rant over, but i am living proof that good salespeople can make or break a deal, no matter what the perceived reputaiton of the business is behind the scenes.

:)

#11 adzmcp

adzmcp

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S 2009
Posted 11 January 2010 - 05:26 PM

To let you know these customer view points are vital to a dealership. Ford Do look at them and each dealership get scored and if that score goes below a certain level they will be pinalized. We always make sure all our customers fill in the form and return it as truthful as possible and we get a good score. Some dealers will say bring in the view point and they will give you 20 fuel. this is so they can stop you sending it if its a bad one or send it on if it is a good one. Just thought I would let you know Ford do read them and do take them seriously. :)

#12 FMC

FMC

• PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta mk7 Zetec-S TDCi + Eibachs

Posted 11 January 2010 - 05:57 PM

To let you know these customer view points are vital to a dealership. Ford Do look at them and each dealership get scored and if that score goes below a certain level they will be pinalized. We always make sure all our customers fill in the form and return it as truthful as possible and we get a good score. Some dealers will say bring in the view point and they will give you 20 fuel. this is so they can stop you sending it if its a bad one or send it on if it is a good one. Just thought I would let you know Ford do read them and do take them seriously. smile.gif

On the whole that's good to know, thanks for giving your input into this.

However i find the part of your quote (which i've highlighted) somewhat concerning - i don't think that a poor customer feedback should be punitive, instead used as an opportunity to improve.

I've read of many people complaining about poor dealers which in turn puts people off the brand totally. Similarly, poor product quality, which the dealers are powerless to prevent and often unable to totally put right, can also make certain customers associate the product quality with the very dealer which supplied it.

In any case i feel that an honest and full account of every aspect of the sale, from enquiry through handover to first weeks of ownership and product experience is vital, and hopefully Ford can use that to make evrything better for future vehicles and owners alike.

:)

#13 adzmcp

adzmcp

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S 2009
Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:04 PM

We do make sure customers are aware the forms are ONLY on about the dealer. If there is a problem with the car and you are un-happy this can be expressed on the last page under other comments I think it is. We have had in the past bad scores due to faults with cars that were sorted by us but the customer still un-happy about the fault in the 1st place and Ford have now told dealers to make sure customers are aware these view points are based on dealerships not the car. There are tick boxes and unless ticked "Completley Satisfied" Ford will mark the dealer down.

#14 Girlonmars

Girlonmars

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta Zetec 1.4 in Hot Magenta

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:17 PM

The day i picked up my car, the salesman went through the form with me and told me that it would be unfair of me to mark him in his section anything lower than 'outstanding'! He then proceeded to tell me that if i marked him anything else that he would personally get points deducted and that he wouldnt get any rewards. So i asked him what sort of rewards he would be expecting for his somewhat mediocre salesmanship and he had the gall to tell me that he was in for a 500 windfall last month and another 500 in April!! And he couldnt even throw in mats.....unbelievable he had the nerve to try and make me feel sorry for him! I know how ill be marking him when i get the form!!

#15 AndrewL

AndrewL

Local Rep: Warwickshire

• PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Fiesta 1.6 Ti-VCT Titanium

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:19 PM

On both the Fez's I've bought now at different dealers the saleperson got the form out and showed me the bits that it was imperative that I ticked 'completely satisfied' on.
I thought it was a bit rich seeing as how the only time he was remotely interested in me were whilst I was deciding whether to buy or not and when he was spinning some sob story to ensure he gets his Christmas bonus! In fact the only time the showroom manager spoke to me was when he came over to tell me about the customer satisfaction form. Ford are too target orientated in my opinion and all of this goal setting only seems to add to the 'just about good enough' service that myself and a lot of others seem to have recieved.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users