36 replies to this topic

#16 Liametc

Liametc

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiest Zetec S Mk7
Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:47 PM

Remind me never to sell any of you lot a car, my flipping questionnaires results would be shocking!!!

We as a dealership get paid a bit more for getting comp sat, but get deducted 40 if we don't so think of us when you are filling them in, you can say what you like about the rest of the delaership but as adzmcp said as long as the one about the sale person is comp sat we're ok.

As sales we get such a bad rep but if we don't sell any cars we are on below minimum wage!!! my opinion is different to many in that if a customer doesn't want to buy they won't, no point pushing it, hopefully that way people will have an enjoyable experience buying from me...

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 coysht

coysht

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Fiesta Zetec S
Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:03 PM

I was amazed that my local Ford dealer seemed totally un-inerested in selling me a car. I went in two days in a row, test drove the car, went through all the options and then he offered me the car at about 100 off list price, take it or leave it. I left it and never heard from them again!

In total contrast to the dealers I ended up buying from who gave me a pretty big discount and managed to get me a brand new car to my spec in 8 weeks.
Only complaints were that the dealership was too hot the day I had to sit there filling out forms and they managed to spell my name wrong when they registered the car! Otherwise pretty good. Car has gone alright so far as well (fingers, arms, legs, etc crossed now that I've said that!).

#18 FMC

FMC

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta mk7 Zetec-S TDCi + Eibachs

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:17 PM

Remind me never to sell any of you lot a car, my flipping questionnaires results would be shocking!!!

We as a dealership get paid a bit more for getting comp sat, but get deducted 40 if we don't so think of us when you are filling them in, you can say what you like about the rest of the delaership but as adzmcp said as long as the one about the sale person is comp sat we're ok.

As sales we get such a bad rep but if we don't sell any cars we are on below minimum wage!!! my opinion is different to many in that , hopefully that way people will have an enjoyable experience buying from me...

:o

If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been in sales?

In my experience, the only salespeople who "get a bad rep" are bad salespeople - i think you need to re-evaluate your own performance if you are categorizing yourself as "bad" lol

And as for the ethos that "if a customer doesn't want to buy they won't, no point pushing it", then i suggest you need some much needed training ;) There's ALWAYS a sale to be made when a customer walks into your showroom! Half the decision is already made, you really just need the convincer and close the deal.

Man, to think i've been out of a job for almost a year and i hear people coming out with statements like this!! :o

:rolleyes:

#19 Focus_ST-3

Focus_ST-3

• PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk2
Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:46 PM

To let you know these customer view points are vital to a dealership. Ford Do look at them and each dealership get scored and if that score goes below a certain level they will be pinalized. Just thought I would let you know Ford do read them and do take them seriously. :)

Very good to know, my old dealership (and in particular the service manager) will be getting bottom marks for everything :lol:

#20 Liametc

Liametc

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
Posted 11 January 2010 - 11:15 PM

:o

If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been in sales?

In my experience, the only salespeople who "get a bad rep" are bad salespeople - i think you need to re-evaluate your own performance if you are categorizing yourself as "bad" lol

And as for the ethos that "if a customer doesn't want to buy they won't, no point pushing it", then i suggest you need some much needed training ;) There's ALWAYS a sale to be made when a customer walks into your showroom! Half the decision is already made, you really just need the convincer and close the deal.

Man, to think i've been out of a job for almost a year and i hear people coming out with statements like this!! :o

:rolleyes:

3 yrs thanks,

I don't consider myself to be bad, just whenever you say you sell cars people almost always roll their eyes!! You sound like my boss FMC, you'd be surprised the amount of people that come in to just have a look but won't buy a car unless they actually see what they want there and then, a bit hard when you can't have everything in @ once. 90% of people I get sat down will buy a car but not bcause I've put the thumb screws on them. Yeah sure you have to push a bit but only when you would never get a decision otherwise.

:)

#21 FMC

FMC

• PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta mk7 Zetec-S TDCi + Eibachs

Posted 11 January 2010 - 11:41 PM

Don't get me wrong, i hate the hard-sell approach, but like some others on here, i've wandered around a showroom, without anyone approaching me for over 10 minutes - now that;'s just plain laziness lol

Once i had to knock on the sales office door, again after being in the showroom for quite a while, and the salesmen in there seemed quite bothered that i disturbed them. Ironically that was the dealership i just bought my Fiesta from, but that was the time when i was looking for a Focus ST, and becasue they were all too lazy to come and deal with me i purposely went elsewhere and bought one :P

Horses for courses, i know, just sometimes certain salespeople seem content to do sod all, while others will go all-out to get a sale, and some can do this effortlessly :)

#22 Liametc

Liametc

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
Posted 11 January 2010 - 11:47 PM

Believe me you wouldn't be left alone by half the sales team!!! Love it when someone if quite blatantly just looking but people keep asking them 'can I help' then after they are bored of asking I just pop up and swoop for the sale!!

#23 Tynesider

Tynesider

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Name: Eric
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.25 Zetec
  • Year: 2013

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:58 AM

I found it odd that they made me sign a form to say that I would say I was" completely satisfied " this was even before I even saw my new Fiesta. The manager in Shiremoor North Tyneside, shook my hand and said don't for get to say " completely satisfied and not just very satisfied! The actual service from the salesman was very good and he gave me a followup phone call a few days later. I told him the Fiesta was underpowered and couldnt get up hills, he said to bring it in for the service team to look at. Ive read on this forum that just about everyone says the same and that it has little acceleration. So is the survey about the salesperson and the car or just the salesperson?

#24 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,513 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:26 AM

It's so the salesperson can be put in for a customer satisfaction bonus at the end of each month.

#25 Tynesider

Tynesider

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:35 AM

Thanks, I think I will hold back and see what happens with my car before filling it in.

#26 lloydster82

lloydster82

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Name: Stewart
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec Ecoboost 1.0 100ps

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

Having same experience as others. All your comments explain a lot, as I have been reminded on several occasions and even had a letter from sales chap, to enter 'completely satisfied'. To be fair the chap says in his letter, "if you have any reason to enter anything less than completely satisfied, to call him and he will sort whatever it is out!". Car going great but might hold on to filling in form for a few weeks and use as leverage in the event I do have a problem ha ha  :)

#27 Tynesider

Tynesider

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

Having same experience as others. All your comments explain a lot, as I have been reminded on several occasions and even had a letter from sales chap, to enter 'completely satisfied'. To be fair the chap says in his letter, "if you have any reason to enter anything less than completely satisfied, to call him and he will sort whatever it is out!". Car going great but might hold on to filling in form for a few weeks and use as leverage in the event I do have a problem ha ha  :)

Thats exactly what I was thinking, the salesman was good but the car isn't as good as I was told or thought it would be.

#28 baileydog62

baileydog62

Settling In Well

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi 95
  • Year: 2010

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:37 AM

I had the 'tick all the satisfactory' speech from TCH in Peterborough, I had no issues with the service other than they make the prices up as they go so they got marked down for pressurising me into giving good feedback. Seems the service is all about targets rather than happy customers.

#29 Dave-2912

Dave-2912

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Mk7.5 Fiesta ZS

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:07 AM

I was at the garage yesterday having my new scuff plates put on. The salesman asked if I would be happy to mark question 1 as 'completely satisfied' as this is the only one that affects his bonus. Its the third car I've bought off this guy and he always makes sure I'm happy with everything so I will tick the completely satisfied box when the questionaire arrives.

I have been less than satisfied with some of the other service provided by the dealership though. It seems that the technicians there are totally clueless. Car was scratched when being prep'd for pick-up and the scuff plates were fitted all wonky - its a simple job so this is inexcuseable imo. All being quickly rectified to my satisfaction though. Having the salesman onside helps.

#30 Hjalle

Hjalle

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Name: Hjalmar
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta mk6.5
  • Year: 2006

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

I cant believe what I have just been reading, sales people turning to customers and blatantly asking 'please mark completely satisfied so that i can get my bonus'!

That is absolutely absurd, I would turn to this salesman and say 'Instead of asking for it, provide the service I require and make sure I tick the box on my own accord.' If i was told to do something like that, I would purposely not do it due to feeling pressured and the title not being earned.

I work in high end retail and have quickly learnt not to judge a book by its cover, no matter what the person that walks in the door looks like they should all be treated as potential customers and as if though they could buy everything in the shop. There are many a times I have thought to myself 'oh this person doesn't belong, they wont buy anything' and then they have continued to be my biggest sale of the day.

Respect, help, be polite and go the extra mile (whatever that might be, floormats, flowers on picking up your car, or throwing in merchandise its the extra that counts. Ive even given customers a pair of socks and they have been chuffed, due to it not being expected) thats what will make a customer completely satisfied and earn you a bonus, not begging.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users