Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Roundabouts!

Turvey

Why bother?
4a42ef87f216954520a50d741f0bd2b0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

pmsl

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

On 8/12/2017 at 1:07 PM, RAIDER32 said:

Highway-code-roundabout-third-exit.jpg

Not to rekindle the fire or anything (although I am very good at that!) but I wanted to actually add my penneth here.

I think that this is a case for good ol' common sense and to handle roundabouts like you do the rest of driving - simply avoiding being involved in or causing an accident while getting where you want to go.  Simplest way to do this is to follow 2 simple rules.

1. Help everyone else make their decisions. 

2. Remember that everyone else is an imbecile.

In short, do what you would like to see other drivers do.

In this case, left lane for exits B-D and right lane for E-F (obvious).  Indicate left on approaching roundabout for leaving at B only.  Indicating left for C could make people leaving B think you are exiting at B.  Crash.

No indicating when approaching roundabout for C and D but indicate left at B for C and at C for D as others have said. If people at C can see you enter the roundabout then as you are not indicating should assume you are heading for D anyway.

Indicate right when approaching the roundabout for E and F.  This is mainly so those behind you can better decide which lane to go in themselves (again, they are imbeciles).  Anyone waiting at any exit should assume you are going past them if you are still indicating right, so nobody should pull out on you, but to not annoy people at F when you are taking E, indicate left as soon as possible after the D exit. Similarly indicate early at E for taking F when people are coming out of your entry (or A). 

Of course this doesn't provide for the extreme imbecile who doesn't know which direction to give way to... 

For anyone who's driven round Worcester, there are a couple of crackers..

Want to head onto the M5? Sure, a right hander, so right lane?
worcsign1.thumb.jpg.25977184d7103c4860fd6e0da95923c6.jpg

Oh wait... no, stay in either lane. Now do you indicate right (as per the first sign, and the physical layout of the roundabout), or not indicate as the sign says its straight on? :tongue: (A lot of people will go into the right lane, and then cut up anyone using the left lane to go right, even though both lanes are marked M5).

worcsign2.thumb.jpg.8b5b3014cc2bf475602880f4a62b01d5.jpg

And a second from Worcester, three lanes on the sign - but only two on the road?

worcsign3.thumb.jpg.ffbf1e92de9e2430a3feccac74757ad8.jpg

But wait, it does turn into 3 lanes. So which lane goes where?

worcsign4.thumb.jpg.52f39bb5a1a7b59b90a8fdacef63426c.jpg

Amazingly this junction seems to work quite well - most people keep to the left to go straight over and then just slowly merge into the second lane, and most people in the right lane are actually going right...

The red polo seems to have made a third lane, or car park. One or the other anyway lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

The red polo seems to have made a third lane, or car park. One or the other anyway lol

Maybe they got totally confused, gave up and just decided to walk the rest of the way

• Like 1

I've usually found people don't indicate at roundabouts and whilst you're sat there waiting for them to come round, they simply go off at the next lane. Others indicate and then don't turn off and you end up pulling out in front of them. I think roundabouts are now becoming a bottleneck because of this rather than something that was intended and designed to keep traffic flowing. Around here it's the worst I've known in the many parts of the country I've lived in; only about one in 10 cars indicate in anyway at all. To balance though, very few people drive in excess of the speed limits or too fast for road conditions/traffic

At the first roundabout I have a clip of a car deciding he doesn't actually want to go down the slip road, so at the end of it he doubles back up the oncoming lane back into the roundabout...

Jeez! Why are some people so stupid, and how do they get their license in the first place! I saw a picture of a car doing that, a red TT but not sure where it was.

What I don't get is the idiots who can't get the right lane even when they're marked on the road and the lines move you to the side ready for your exit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.tomholroydphotography.co.uk

There is a roundabout near me that has had its rules changed lately, it used to be left on roundabout lane left only, 2nd and 3rd lanes straight on. (3rd lane can turn right) everybody and their mums would jump straight into the 2nd and 3rd lanes ON the roundabout since it was a 3 lane roundabout but only 2 lanes on approach, and the "left lane" was hardly used.

However new rules are now in effect, 3rd lane is turning right only, the 1st lane is now for left AND straight on. 2nd lane on the roundabout is the same as before, but entry lane is different.

Its even signposted "NEW ROUNDABOUT RULES AHEAD" yet everyone still jumps into 2nd and 3rd lanes of the roundabout, causing near misses by those entering/exiting the roundabout.

Its slightly better now, as the locals have gotten used to it now, but you do still see people jumping into the 2nd lane on entry  when its now the 1st lane and those jumping into the 2nd lane upon exit because they went into the 3rd lane on entry. 

Anyway, I was taught left indicator for first exit, no indicator UNTIL pass first exit for 2nd exit. Right indicator until I pass the exit before I want to take then a left indicator for my exit if more than 2 exits.

The thing is, its not just indicators. You also get idiots staying on the outside taking the 3rd exit incorrectly using it. Left lane is left and straight on ONLY unless indicated. You'll get idiots in lane 2 going straight on, and idiots in lane 1 going towards 3rd exits.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club