• 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience

Phil21185

Aircon fan blows harder in reverse...

When I pull up to reverse onto my drive, as soon as I select reverse gear, if the aircon is on LO it kicks in twice as hard, as if the recirc fan is on.

Anyone else had this?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Wheb your drivibg forwardsx you are moving towards the wind

When driving backwards it has to compensate because you moving away from the wind

3 hours ago, Fkuk said:

Wheb your drivibg forwardsx you are moving towards the wind

When driving backwards it has to compensate because you moving away from the wind

if thats a humorous attempt at trolling , i salute your cheek

if its a serious attempt at a technical explanation then your understanding of air flow and basic physics sucks big time lol.

On 13/08/2017 at 11:27 PM, Phil21185 said:

as soon as I select reverse gear, if the aircon is on LO it kicks in twice as hard

Are you saying that engaging reverse causes the fan to speed up? If you take it out of reverse does the fan then slow down again? If so it sounds as if the signal from the reverse light switch is having some strange effect in the BCU. Maybe it would be worth disconnecting the battery for half an hour to reset the ECUs.

Do you have an aftermarket radio and/or a reverse camera? Seems a strange set of symptoms!

No its the stock Sony Sat Nav system with sync 1 and no reverse camera yet.... Yes when I engage reverse the recirc fan comes on. It stays on for a little while after shifting out of reverse though...

I didn't think there was a separate fan for recirculation. I thought this was just done by moving flaps in the heater.

I note in your first post you said 'if the aircon is on LO'. Do you mean that it only does it at that setting?

Seems to be. I'll need to test it thoroughly I think to find exactly what causes it. No I didn't mean there was a separate fan, but the change in sound and speed of the wind is the same as pressing the recirc button and it doesn't do it if recirc is already on.

On ‎17‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 5:03 PM, biff55 said:

if thats a humorous attempt at trolling , i salute your cheek

if its a serious attempt at a technical explanation then your understanding of air flow and basic physics sucks big time lol.

Heard it all now.

Well I think if I drive away from the wind all the time then I'll have no wind resistance and will be able to travel at limitless speeds.