Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 2013 or later Alarm sounder Location

540itouring

Hi , I am going to replace and rewire my alarm sounder on my 2013 Titanium X fiesta with a sounder from a ST fiesta. The reason is that when I fitted my interior scanner to my car it all works apart from tailgate entry with the alarm set to on. The ST fiesta has a CAT1 battery back up sounder but this is wired of the data cable that goes to the interior scanner and rear view camera etc so will solve this problem when reprogrammed.

So the question is are the ST and standard cars Alarm Sounders fitted in the same locations ? If so please can you confirm where so I can check the wiring I need to work out.

thanks

Is there a dedicated sounder for the standard alarm i.e. does it not just use the horn?

(Or have I misunderstood your question?)

yes reading the circuit the standard has a alarm sounder horn and the ST has a battery backed up alarm horn so they do not use the normal horn.

Ah okay. You could try setting the alarm of and wandering around the car to see if that helps pinpoint it. Note that they are quite often not in the engine bay but buried within the rear (presumably to help minimise the chance of it being ripped out as the most of the engine bay is readily accessible once the bonnet is lifted).