Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PS3 or Xbox?

Gazjs

To be honest, a lot of it is just peoples preferances from years ago.

IE, I had the PS1, PS2 etc etc Just a bit of company loyalty

Both got advantages. Both got disadvantages.

I see what you say though

Yikes, well my loyalty sucks! I've had a Sega Game Gear, Nintendo 64, PS1, Wii, DS and Xbox 360. Seems like I love the big N :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thesilverfox

• DanGull

• Gazjs

• Stoney871

IMO after playing on both consoles this week i find them to be pretty much the same.

Played Modern Warfare 2 on both, Graphics wise they were nearly the same, ps3 was slightly better though. But we didn't have the xbox running on HD.

Online play, xbox is better but at a cost, so thats up to you.

But to me the Ps3 controls just feel better, more natural to use and I found myself doing alot better with the Ps3 version.

Also Xbox has media center is thats any interest to you, but Windows 7 can stream music to Ps3

• 4 months later...

I have never played an xbox but have a PS3 what i have done is add a larger hard disc -

Another plus for the PS3 (one to add to the many in the thread) is you can add an operating system and use it as a PC.

Installing Linux on PS3 Pt1 ---

Is that installing Linux after the update that you need to play online that you can NOT install if you have Linux installed?

ps3 all day long i've just upgraded to a 350gig sata hard drive loads of memory now with a sata hard drive u can go as big as 500 + sweet :D

• 4 weeks later...

ps3 all the way!!! sod xbox ps3 rules lol. if you want a wii give me a shout i've got a massive bundle i could sell you?.

• 1 month later...

I still go for PS3 because it is more reliable. PS3 lifespan is around 7-10 years while Xbox 360 is around 3-5 years. You'll also encounter some problems with Xbox 360 and Microsoft Technical Support are not helpful.

• 3 months later...

I got both, the xbox broke down, ps3 still going strong!

ps3 id say having owned all various formats at one time or another,although as mentioned theres not much diff between ps3 and xbox :unsure:

• 1 month later...

I have both. I have had the 360 for a lot longer so have more games on that. All the new games I have brought were for PS3, apart from Kinect, which is truly amazing!

Main advantages of PS3 is no fee for playing online and Blu-Ray player. Both brilliant consoles, both have pros and cons.

• 2 weeks later...

Noobs!! its PC all the way for me, i do have a ps3 as well for blue ray player.wouldn't allow deathbox in the house.

• 4 weeks later...

I've had a 360 since they first came out, sold it after 3 years when the warranty had run out and bought a new one but have never had any trouble with either of them. I bought a PS3 about 2-3 years ago and sold it, it didn't have many good games out and the ones that were already out on 360 and had been ported across were !Removed!.

360 :) just because online mode is far far better than that of the ps3 -- even if you do have too pay for the priveledge :/

Definately 360. Had PS1 and PS2 both ok consoles and went to the original X-Box which was better but mostly because it came out years after so would have better techonology. Seen the PS3 graphics are about the same but the 360 has a bigger library of games.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Kinect is awesome - the only problem I have with it is I can't play multiplayer games with my small 32" HDTV unless they are turned based like bowling.

I have a 1280x800 3500 lumen projector on order, when that shows up I should be able to have a lot of fun with it :)

I don't have either the 360 or PS3 nor ever will.

• 1 month later...

PS3 Definately

xbox 360 is good, but ps3 is better graphics + blu ray dvd cant say no ;)

altho sony's internet security is well um..

• 2 months later...

All about the Xbox, I may only like games like Portal and some driving games but I love the interface, even if it is microsoft.

Plus paying for the Xbox live means if it goes down, there are a lot of people that are not receiving the goods they paid for... unlike if it's free you cant complain so easily ;)

Ali

• 4 months later...

In terms of technical specs, the PS3 is far better. The processor is alot more powerful, it has a built in Blue-ray player, and as the games are on Blue-ray format and not DVD like XBox, there is 4 or 5 times the size of memory, for more detailed games. However, because the hardware is alot more complex on the PS3, games developers, find it easier to write the games on the XBox's simple format, and then port it over to PS3. Therefore, 90% of games look, and play the same on both formats. The real potential of the PS3's power, is only show in a few PS3 exclusive tittles like the Uncharted series.

And although the XBox doesn't have a Blue-ray player built in, you can buy the units separately as add ons. I only own the PS3, and i chose it because I had the first 2 Playstations. However, as an end consumer, now the prices are pretty much identical, there really isn't alot of difference. If you don't have a Blue-ray player, i would 100% say buy the PS3, as you can save alot of money buying one separately. If the Blue-ray player is not an issue, then i would just look at which of the exclusive tittles you would prefer to play, and how the controllers feel.

Although looking at the date of the original post, i'm guessing you've already bought and gotten bored with whichever one you chose lol.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club