Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PS3 or Xbox?

Gazjs

got to be xbox 360 got a ltd edition red one, just cant wait for the new xbox 720

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thesilverfox

• DanGull

• Gazjs

• Stoney871

Xbox for me. To keep up tech-wise you would have to alternate between xbox & ps. My main choice apart from thinking MS was the lesser evil than sony was that the controllers are so good on the xbox and ghastly on the ps. I can play for hours on the xbox with the controller in the hand but couldnt with the ps & as a marketing point that should be a big consideration.

• 4 weeks later...

xbox, all my friends have one so I play online with them. I can also borrow games which saves me money :P.

Blu-ray isn't missed as I watch online with pc connected to my 37" tv.

If I wanted to watch blu-ray films I'd probably buy a PS3 rather than a blu-ray player worth extra money as you can get internet on it etc.

• 1 month later...

Xbox all day long, I have both Xbox and PS3, Xbox has better online gaming than playstation and more secure, the controller on Xbox is more comfortable and better layout, even down to the menus its sooo much clearer than PS3, i still have a brand new game unopened on the PS3, i play Xbox (Forza 4 & BF3), as for red rings of death, never had them? Just make sure the unit has

My PS3 sits there doing nothing , the only time i may use it is when DUST comes out from CCP as i play EVE Online too.

Its your choice and everyone will say this or that and have a preference, if you have friends who have one or the other try before you buy, Best of luck

• 2 months later...

Okay so my opinion on this is my mate has had 4 ( no lie ) PS3's manly due to yellow light of death and once because his mom turned it off at the wall and it broke haha, and all my other mates who own one have had this problem atleast once.

I have had a 360 premium for over 4 years with no RROD, traded in for new 360 S which can't get an overheat error unless you play in an oven. £30 XBL a year goes off my card, don't even notice it.

And who says the 360 doesnt have wireless rechargeable controlers?? I mean Sony didnt even put vibration motors in the ps3 controler!!

Soo many XBOX exclusive market leading games, The entire Halo franchise (soon to be 7 games) Gears of War 1, 2 and 3. Forza 1, 2, 3, 4 ( topgears choice of game ) and soon forza 5

Just look here

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_exclusives_(seventh_generation)#_

At the differences

What games does PS3 have?? Resistance?? That's just a really dull rip off of Halo/COD

Plus Samsung home cinema with blue ray is much better than a PS3. So what if it has internet? All new smart tvs have Internet so does a PC!! Let's just face it computers have best graphics, blue ray, internet, fps, better cooling and you can use Xbox controlers on them :)

But for pure game quality, game selection and best online community Xbox wins every time hands down

PC gaming is best as the control method is more natural.

I did have a Alienware gaming PC with Sli twin 1gb nvidia graphics cards, 128gb solid state primary drive, 2tb standard secondary drive, I7 processor, 16gb ram and water cooling.

Sold it 3 months ago to my oppo for £2000 as I wasn't getting time to use it.

Still trying to decide what to get as a replacement.

I personally find consoles too much of a one trick pony.

Have a PS3 but its mostly used for bluray, Internet tv and media streaming from my normal PC.

I defo Agree that PC's have a much better gaming experiecnce and ca do everything and more than all the games consoles combined.

Alienware!!!!! spells waste of money!!!!! Would never buy alienware, not worth it at all. Only thing you pay for is a fancy case. Not as much as a rip off as PC world though!!!

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-268-OE&groupid=43&catid=2040&subcat=

That's a very high spec one but even a lower spec PC from overclockers will out perform alienware. Each pc is hand built and then overclocked to run much higher performance :)

All to our own though :)

Also just as a pointer, sli will never be as good as a single graphics card. Such as 2 gtx560's won't be as good as one gtx590. The new gtx600 range is even more impressive too

The other reason I pushed the gamer over to someone else was because the Sli was not as good as I'd hoped.

Had my eye on an MSI gaming laptop, a buddy has one and it appears excellent for such a tidy package.

He's a hardcore gamer and swears by it.

He also builds his own gaming towers so I may let him custom one up for me.

• 1 month later...

I have the MW3 edition Xbox and a PS3 but on hand I do prefer the PS3 although, you can't beat pc gaming :D

I have the MW3 edition Xbox and a PS3 but on hand I do prefer the PS3 although, you can't beat pc gaming :D

Indeed. Far better using a keyboard and mouse to play.

Better than fiddling around with a poxy controller.

if your not playing COD online get a ps3, if you are get an xbox. since ps3 got hacked its never been the same constant lag coz theyve had to put a silly amount of firewalls up!

• 2 months later...

Always been a Playstation man, but ended up selling mine about a year ago now cause I never played on it, then decided that i really did want to play on it so asked my gf for one last christmas, she ended up buying me an xbox....but it still does the job I just dont know anyone on xbox to play fifa online with hha

I'm one of these rare people that doesn't own any form of game console and I don't play anything on pc either. Last thing I played was a ps2 :o many many years ago

Really contemplating a ps3. Where would be the best place to purchase one?

Ps3 all the way!! Only thing is Forza ain't out on PS3 :( and there are NO games with the old fiestas in them :(

• 3 weeks later...

Right gents my sneaky Missus surprised me with a 500gb ps3 for xmas

Now I need to catch up on all the games I ain't played over the years from not having a ps3. Think gta4 might be first on the list.

Can anyone recommend me any decent games?

Having not owned or played a ps3 before, and the last thing I did play was a ps2 many years ago, I must say so far I am just finding my ps3 experience very annoying to the extent it's putting me off using it.

Every single thing needs numerous software updates before I can use it.

For example, 4 on demand, only wanted to have a mooch but had to update first, started watching a program, watched 3 adverts, first part of the program, 3 more adverts then the !Removed! thing froze on the last advert. Couldn't press any buttons not even the round ps button, had to turn the thing off by holding in the power button on the console.

When I turned it back on it said I didn't turn it off properly and had to do a system recovery.

Then every time I put a new cd in to play a game, it has to install even more software before I can play it. never had that on ps2

Also, is there a way off turning off the epilepsy warning that comes on every time i turn it on?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a PS3 user thinking of getting a EggBox. I only play GT5 really.

As for constant updates, you'd better get used to it! Software is getting ever more complex and none more so than in gaming. The console sofware needs to be patched relatively often too, although I'm lead to believe there are more frequent updates on the Xbox360 (so the guys at work tell me). The next gen consoles (probably out next year) are going to be even more complex, so that's more patching, and very much larger patches! If you're a frequent gamer, you'd better make sure you have at least a 10Mb/sec connection to the Internet.