• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dragon6

Dragon6

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: focus TDCI
Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:40 PM

HI all my son has a slight problem with his 1.6 Focus TDCI.After an oil change we noticed that one of the injectors seems to be blowing/puffing out fumes whilst the car was ticking over.What I need to know is, can the injector be easily removed and re-sealed where it seats at all?If so how is the injector removed looks like a clamp holds it in.The car drives A1 the only sign of this looking back was a slight smell of diesel fumes in the cabin whilst sitting in traffic..many thanks in advance

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 bowser71

bowser71

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: focus c-max 1.6tdci

Posted 22 January 2011 - 11:29 PM

HI all my son has a slight problem with his 1.6 Focus TDCI.After an oil change we noticed that one of the injectors seems to be blowing/puffing out fumes whilst the car was ticking over.What I need to know is, can the injector be easily removed and re-sealed where it seats at all?If so how is the injector removed looks like a clamp holds it in.The car drives A1 the only sign of this looking back was a slight smell of diesel fumes in the cabin whilst sitting in traffic..many thanks in advance

hi there, I'm experiancing the same problem, It looks like I have 2 that are leaking, and its giving me a poor mpg too, I attempted to remove it today to see the condition of the injector to renew it, however thats where the fun began, I removed the 2 bolts, well allen screws holding the injector in position and undid the fuel rail to the injector and the electric wiring, and I could not physically remove it, it wouldnt budge. So I put it back together and it wont start now. so I have now a bigger problem. have you got yours sorted?

#3 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,866 posts
  • Name: Stefan
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:41 AM

hi there, I'm experiancing the same problem, It looks like I have 2 that are leaking, and its giving me a poor mpg too, I attempted to remove it today to see the condition of the injector to renew it, however thats where the fun began, I removed the 2 bolts, well allen screws holding the injector in position and undid the fuel rail to the injector and the electric wiring, and I could not physically remove it, it wouldnt budge. So I put it back together and it wont start now. so I have now a bigger problem. have you got yours sorted?

possibly air in the line?

#4 Richbaker22

Richbaker22

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk6 fiesta
Contributor

Posted 06 June 2015 - 11:29 PM

Any news on how to remove this injector? I cannot get the plastic bit off that the electronic plug goes in! I have a snapped glowplug tip in the engine and am hoping to fish it out by removing the injector

#5 Dee_82

Dee_82

Too much time on the boards

• FOC Supporters
  • 965 posts
  • Name: Darren
  • Ford Model: Focus MK2.5 1.6 TDCI
  • Year: 2008

Posted 07 June 2015 - 01:16 AM

you got a Haynes? Unplug that plug an leave the socket on the injector, unclip fuel return pipe and disconnect it, undo fuel union, undo injector bolts, remove, recover seals.

sorry, didn't see the previous reply's.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users