Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spotify Integration ford SYNC

JamesBarraclough

When I get in my car and start it the  SYNC application page opens and says starting the application but then always says failed to start and I have to scan for new applications every time without fail.

Anyone else had this issue? or knows how to fix it? I tried a master reset on SYNC and reinstalled SYNC.

Perhaps pull the fuse, people always have problems with sync and this usually fixes a lot of them.

• Like 1

Thanks will give it a try

Assuming you've got the premium version of the Spotify app? The free version just kept playing ads when I tried it. Might as well be listening to a sh*t local commercial radio station. The applink thing seems to work OK though...

• 1 month later...

Still haven't had much luck with this, after pulling the fuse it worked a little better but still 99% of the time when I start the car it refuses to find Spotify, I also use an app called Glympse and it finds this one fine so maybe an issue with Spotify?

Probably. I don't have Sync 1.1, so I have to manually launch spotify each time (or whatever music app I want to listen to). Works 100% of the time.

mine does the same with Spotify but sometimes it will work with no problem  but often have to search apps again.  I wondered if its a power saving thing in my phone but not had time to test it yet .   I have a Samsung S7 edge phone

Never had much luck with Spotify and it refuses to work with my aftermarket radio with Spotify integration but over bluetooth audio it works flawlessly with both ford sync and my aftermarket system so probably buggy Spotify is the culprit.

I have just done a reset on the audio unit with forscan  and a master reset of the sync module from the front display. I then added my phone and tested the system with spotify.  I have only just started the testing but looks like this may have solved the problem.

The phone used must always have BT turned on and be inside the car when you start up and so far always comes on with spotify

If the car is switched on with NO phone or BT off and Spotify not found you will then need to search for the app again but I do not see this a problem as I always have my phone. I do not know if the audio unit required a reset and expect the sync master reset was the main reason. I reset both as I have added many extras like snnc 1.1 and navigation and camera so I also done a reset on the body control module.

I will update you to let you know how it goes but looks good so far.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club