Join Premium & Save
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts

Wildtide

Fiesta rattles/knocks when clutch pressed in - should I be worried urgently?

Hi folks,

I've just bought a Fiesta (1.4 petrol Titanium, 2010). I'm really pleased with it - lots of toys that I've not had on any of my previous cars, but it does have a disturbing sounding rattle/knocking when I press the clutch in. It's still under warranty from the dealer so I'll be taking it in to get this checked, but I've got to drive a couple of hundred miles tomorrow, and don't want to risk something failing on the way.

I've recorded a video which shows the noise it makes (excuse the socks!). I'd really appreciate it if someone could have a listen, and let me know if they think it's something I should be worried about urgently, or if the car should be fine to drive until I can get it looked at. It doesn't sound too bad, but if there's a danger of a flywheel disintegrating or a bearing failing and wrecking the clutch, I'll take my little old Micra instead.

Cheers,

Alan

38 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Possibly release bearings but suspect flywheel also.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks. Am I right to assume once either of those starts to fail, it could go catastrophically at any time? It looks like I'm squeezing the family back into the Micra until I can get it looked at.