• Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.


Recommended Posts

Was under the hood today and was trying to remove some of the plastic screws. Some of them came out no problem but others just kept spinning. Any idea how I can get them out?IMG_4308.thumb.JPG.ff8a14ea8435f6200c93b07e18c1f551.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Try and get something flat under the screw head and lever it upward as you turn the screw with a driver. Hopefully the thread will bite on the upper surface and it'll come out.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Phil21185 said:

Try and get something flat under the screw head and lever it upward as you turn the screw with a driver. Hopefully the thread will bite on the upper surface and it'll come out.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
 

 

thats how i do it .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

plastic screw clips made to look like screws, cheap to buy and replace if you damage them so don`t be afraid to use a little force on `em

if you need replace any look at ebay item number 

eBay item number:
112381475490

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, andypsp said:

plastic screw clips made to look like screws, cheap to buy and replace if you damage them so don`t be afraid to use a little force on `em

if you need replace any look at ebay item number 

eBay item number:

I'm more worried about damaging the thread for where the screws go haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Jonanstee said:

I'm more worried about damaging the thread for where the screws go haha

there is no thread to damage as there just plastic push in screws :w00t:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/08/2017 at 8:55 PM, Jonanstee said:

Any idea how I can get them out?

Slowly!

Levering, turning, pulling, whatever, they do come out eventually.

Another good idea, poorly implemented.

I replace the inner plastic screw with a short, no.6, brass woodscrew. Looks nicer (to me!), and works much better.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always remove these with a small pick type tool or small flat blade screwdriver. Never really had any issues with them. Some times they do become a bit worn and loose so chucking a new one in is best. I don't understand what the issue is people have with them? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, stef123 said:

 I don't understand what the issue is people have with them? 

Neither do i. 😱

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now