Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Aux Input Retrofit

Dave_TDCI

Hi all,

As the title suggests I'm looking at retrofitting an aux input on my Focus so I can play songs off my phone etc. I have the standard oval shape CD 6000 fitted in my 2008 mk2 Focus.

I'm wondering who has successfully done this mod and what way they installed it?

I know there is a part from Ford to fit an aux input into the glovebox but I would prefer installing it somewhere closer to the radio to keep it neat. I have come across a part online that seems to replace those vacant buttons beside the windscreen demister but it seems to state it won't work on the CD 6000, ideally this is exactly what I initially hoped to install https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-Panel-USB-Audio-Slot-Interface-With-Mini-USB-Adapter-Cable-for-Ford-Classic-Focus/32535473451.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000014.7.4b24ae2bSIPM1P&traffic_analysisId=recommend_3035_null_null_null&scm=1007.13338.81646.000000000000000&pvid=f7afa546-457c-4c62-9242-94f6ba14e220&tpp=1

Can anyone advise would this possibly work or what would be the best alternative?

Many thanks

Dave

That item you linked to is fine, you just need an aux cable with a 3.5 plug on one end.
The reason they state compatability problems is because it has an USB on it which has nowhere to connect to.
I fitted one to my mk2 Focus and made the USB into a phone charger output.
Check my guide link under my posts on a PC, there is one there for doing the whole job.
If you need any wiring splices or guidance give me a shout.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just had a look at your guide Stoney...it's exactly what I was looking for.

I foolishly didn't realise there was a seperate input for the aux cable on the back of that plate so was thinking it was somehow powered by the usb as well so of no use to me. 

Am I right in thinking the aux port will still work even if I don't connect it to the 12v power supply?

Many thanks for you help, very informative guide!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dave_TDCI said:

Just had a look at your guide Stoney...it's exactly what I was looking for.

I foolishly didn't realise there was a seperate input for the aux cable on the back of that plate so was thinking it was somehow powered by the usb as well so of no use to me. 

Am I right in thinking the aux port will still work even if I don't connect it to the 12v power supply?

Many thanks for you help, very informative guide!

Yes mate, the aux port is 'powered' by the radio/head unit.

• Like 2

Indeed, the aux and usb are independent of each other.

I have the aux plate and aux lead ordered so looking forward to installing it now. Should be a worthwhile and relatively easy mod (with Stoney's guide).

Thanks for the advice lads appreciate it.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club