Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting Daytime lights

MjCarr
聽Share

Just ordered some daytime running lights but not a 100% on how to fit them....would love some advise 馃憤馃徏

IMG_0116.PNG

the slots on the front just pop out but do it carfully (PUN) 聽behind them is polystyrene 聽inserts these also pull out ,lights should just pop in 聽insert cables first and use cable ties to keep cable away from and moving parts on the Engine 聽 then wire up as per the instructions 聽tbh i had an auto electrician wire mine up took him 10 mins but was done correctly聽

• Like 1

Tried ringing some places to see if they would fit them but they wouldn't....hmmm!?

I fitted the lights myself and got my local garage to do the electrical stuff, there may meamobile electrician somewhere local

but honestly 聽fit the lights yourself.聽

Are you in Southampton @MjCarr? I'm assuming you must be fairly local to me as you're based in Hampshire and got a Saints logo for an avatar!

If you can't figure it out, I might be able to find an hour or so to have a look and give you some guidance.

• Like 1

Thank you Andy, when i get them i'll let you know 馃憤馃徏

Have a look at my build thread (in my sig) as I've fitted a set of these and have a full write up there!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi Andy et al

I have fitted similar myself, but can't find a car spark to do the wiring bit.. did you get yours working ok?

to fit them you need to find a live in the fuse box that only come's on when the key is turn too on . and then find the dip head lights wire . job done 1 hour

Jamie, use a mini fuse tap into fuse 42 in the engine bay fuse box near the battery then use a scotch block (sometimes called a wire tap) and put your drls white (or blue depending on which you have) wire into the terminated side and put either the sidelight or headlight wire into the thru side.

I made mine dim with dipped beam which was (I think) the purple and green wire.

Full details of my installation are in my build thread (link in my signature or search for "things I'd like to do to my mk3")

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Cheers Phil21185 at el ... going to give this ago, much appreciated

4 hours ago, MjCarr said:

@DJ_Andy_M they have arrived 馃憤馃徏

Where did you order them from if you don't mind letting me know

1 hour ago, bananacat said:

Where did you order them from if you don't mind letting me know

From eBay i payed 拢34

• 2 weeks later...

Great news DRLs are fitted, wired & working!

So so pleased they're on聽馃榿

Just ordered smoked rear LED lenses and looking at :

headlamp/bulb upgrade

Front & rear cameras

Front sensors

Carbon fibre wrap parts of dash/interior

Have been advised against the 8in. Android update for the centre console so will see if anything else is out there.

I have also fitted these exact one to my car myself. Very easy. Although the expect to replace them quite often. I'll be on my 3rd set soon. Seems these aren't built to last very long. But they do look good when working.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for local help in Sounthampton, anyone able to help fit these i'm not overly confident to fit them.

2 hours ago, MjCarr said:

Looking for local help in Sounthampton, anyone able to help fit these i'm not overly confident to fit them.

Sorry I'm not close enough, but I have a full guide with pics available on my build thread. I'm more than happy to answer any questions you have and if you're using a scotch lock for the dimming wire and a fuse tap for the live, you will have to work very hard to damage your car!

At the very worst, if you get it wrong maybe your DRLs won't quite work so you come back and tell us what you did and we can help you fix it tomorrow!

• Like 1