Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ST-LINE

thegunplumber

Hi could anyone explain the difference between a 2017 sport and a 2017 st-line my car was built in december 2016 and registered on 1st march 2017 it is badged as a sport build order shows st-line.any help appreciated

Hi,

I don't think there is any difference, it seems to me that all the "marketing blurb" talks about Edge ST line but every vehicle I have seen is still badged as Sport. I guess Fords European management haven't convinced the Canadian assembly plant to fit ST line badges instead of Sport or they are still awaiting styling approval, its to early in the model cycle to start making changes.

I think the only difference is the upgraded fabric from the LUX pack, and the deletion of adaptive steering. Oh, and a price increase...

ok thanks although some garages are selling with st line badges on now

Yeah as xn85 said, the adaptive steering is now a £500 optional extra and you had to have had the lux pack to get the half leather seats which I now think is standard.  I actually prefer the fabric personally which I have. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎23‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 3:44 PM, Mazzie said:

Hi,

I don't think there is any difference, it seems to me that all the "marketing blurb" talks about Edge ST line but every vehicle I have seen is still badged as Sport. I guess Fords European management haven't convinced the Canadian assembly plant to fit ST line badges instead of Sport or they are still awaiting styling approval, its to early in the model cycle to start making changes.

aren't the European edges built in Spain?

aren't the European edges built in Spain?

nope, not that im aware of, all the ones ive seen are canadian made

14 minutes ago, iantt said:

nope, not that im aware of, all the ones ive seen are us made

dealer told me spain made and shipped to Germany for final inspections and bits.

7 minutes ago, shocks said:

dealer told me spain made and shipped to Germany for final inspections and bits.

All Edges are made at the Oakville plant, Ontario, CANADA!

• Like 2

As simonb65 says all Edges are built at the Oakville plant in Canada, the sales volume in Europe is to small to justify tooling up the Valencia plant in Spain to produce them, unfortunately.

Its only my opinion, but, I think the Edge would be a much better product if it were designed and produced in Europe, rather than having a "europeanised" American product.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mazzie said:

As simonb65 says all Edges are built at the Oakville plant in Canada, the sales volume in Europe is to small to justify tooling up the Valencia plant in Spain to produce them, unfortunately.

Its only my opinion, but, I think the Edge would be a much better product if it were designed and produced in Europe, rather than having a "europeanised" American product.

I tend to agree with you.

I'm beginning to realise that the salesman I had doesn't seem to have much knowledge on the Edge model and was winging it a bit when answering some questions.

• Like 2