Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Focus ST diesel, What mods to do?!

TheFriendlyBambi

Hi, my mom owns a mk3 focus st diesel and whats to beef it up a bit, she said she wants a rs spoiler but im not sure which place is best to buy one, Also shes keen to get the remapped but im not sure if a bluefin is the way to go or  a remapp, Also shes also is keen on a dpf delete and i was wondering if anyone knows a place which may offer a discount on remapping while getting the dpf removed?? Also any other preformance mods advise would be great cheers guys!

DPF delete is illegal and an MOT fail, so I wouldn't go down that route.

Bluefin is a remap, it's just a generic map (like the stock map is) and while the ECU will adapt a bit, it's not a custom "live" map.

You can get the RS spoiler from any Ford dealer, or places online sell it. Might be easier to collect from your local dealer though.

• Like 2

Definitely bluefin remap for the diesel plus K&N filter. 

If you buy it from Demontweeks you get the K&N free. 

Your mum seems definitely well read up on mods she wants to do to her car... ;)

Side question. Without the legal issue raising it's head, how do those who have had a DPF deleted and mapped out pass an mot?!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The law changed this year iirc. The government are clamping down on those that gutted their dpfs so testers couldn't see it had been deleted.

I just don't think it's worth doing as it will get harder to get away with as they tighten up the rules to stop it.

If you buy a diesel you should be doing the mileage anyway and then a dpf will keep it self maintained.

• Like 1

Bluefin good for quick map you can do it yourself also gives you choice to plug in yourself and put car back to standard.

defo DONT DO DPF DELTE 👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers everyone who replied sorry for late reply, Im thinking of going bluefin and free air filter and maybe just cosmetic like rs spoiler ect.

Any ideas please put em on here !! :)

Make sure your mum's insurance knows about the bluefin. It probably wouldn't put her insurance up much compared to yours.

Good job it's not your car really isn't it!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club