Do Not Sell My Personal Information

security

shocks

4 hours ago, DavesEdge said:

Ooops just realised posted this in wrong section.

On subject of security though, my alarm has gone off twice now for no apparent reason. This has been added to my faults diary that is on going.

Dave

My alarm went off last week just as I dropped off to a nice sleep. I assumed it was a fault so just blipped the fob to open and close the doors without investigating. It lasted 1 minute before it went off again. I blipped the doors again and got dressed so I could go and check and by the time I got there the auto relock had locked my doors (mine works you see) and had re-set the alarm, which promptly went off again just before I reached the car. No damage was found but inside was a ***** great moth. Bigger than the ones that fly out my wallet when I open it !  I shooed it out, reset the alarm and not a toot toot since. 

• Like 1

Thats just it though. It has been to dealers who plugged it in and could not find any fault codes, hence added to my list in the faults diary.

Dave

But if it was a moth / spider etc then it's not a fault. The internal alarm would have worked as it should. 

• Like 1

But if it was a moth / spider etc then it's not a fault. The internal alarm would have worked as it should. 

If they are looking for fault codes then you are absolutely right, it has functioned as it should. Instead they should be looking for the alarm activation history. This details when the alarm went off and why I.e. Internal sensor, tilt sensor etc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There were no codes for either fault or activation of alarm.
Which is the bit that I found strange as you would have expected one or the other (or both).

Dave

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club