Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Won't unlock via remote, electrics not working and not turning over

JDM99

Hi Guys, 

Hoping for a bit of help. About an hour ago I got into my car and drove it for about 5 minutes. I have just tried to start my car up in order to get home however it's not starting, none of the electrics work, and it won't lock via the remote key. I managed to unlock via the key at first but now nothing seems to work. 

Has anyone ever came accross this before or have any advice on how to get my car started again? 

Kind regards 

Jack 

Have you checked your fuses maybe one has popped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Might sound dumb, but I take it you've made sure the battery works and no fuses have popped? Otherwise you might be looking at faulty key chips or a replacement ecu.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. I haven't got anything on me to check the battery. I looked at the connections because thought it may have been a loose connection but all seems fine. Is there anything I should look out for to see if one of the fuses has popped??

43 minutes ago, griffithsbilly86 said:

Have you checked your fuses maybe one has popped

41 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

Might sound dumb, but I take it you've made sure the battery works and no fuses have popped? Otherwise you might be looking at faulty key chips or a replacement ecu.

Pull every fuse out one by one to see if it's blown if not put back and try the next one

• Like 1

Also remember you have 2 fuse boxes, one behind the glovebox and the other in the engine bay.

• Like 1

when you say none of the electrics work,  no dashboard lights, indicators, brake lights, interior light, side lights?   could it just be as simple as the battery is dead?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, isetta said:

when you say none of the electrics work,  no dashboard lights, indicators, brake lights, interior light, side lights?   could it just be as simple as the battery is dead?

That's what I'd have gone with at first. I'd have thought you got some sort of response on the dash though if the car had been drove an hour earlier. Then again, to assume makes an ***** out of u and me.

• Like 1

Same thing happened to my daughter. Did some shoipping came back to the car everything dead. battery had failed. No indications that it was on the way out just died.

• Like 1

Managed to get it jump started the next day and drove it down to Halfords to get a new battery as done all the above and all was fine so assumed it would've been the battery. Got a new battery and got them to do a battery check turns out it's the alternator that's gone and not charging the battery as I drive along. Gonna go scrap yard and buy a second hand one for £40 then fit it myself.

Do you guys have any tips to help out or anything I should be aware of before I take the old one out? 

Cheers and much appreciate all your help. 

Jack

On 27/08/2017 at 10:42 AM, isetta said:

On 27/08/2017 at 11:49 AM, Luke4efc said:

That's what I'd have gone with at first. I'd have thought you got some sort of response on the dash though if the car had been drove an hour earlier. Then again, to assume makes an ***** out of u and me.

Sorry for the late reply. There was literally nothing at all no dashboard lights or any signs of life in the car 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club