Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Click sound when engine is running

Dan_C

Have had my new Fiesta Climate for nearly a week now and whilst its driving nicely, there's an irritating intermittent clicking sound (like a smoke alarm that needs its batteries replacing) whenever I'm driving. I've tested to see if its a result of braking but I don't think its linked. I can't tell what part of the vehicle its coming from but its really annoying me. The cambelt has just been replaced so its not one of the belts being faulty surely? Or a worn joint somewhere? 

Perhaps a short video with some sound too could help a bit here if you could as TBH it could be anything but a video will help us

Yeah I get that too, like an intermittent single click every minute is so, I think it is related to the air con...... try running your car with the air con on, listen for the click, then turn your air con off, the click vanishes..... no idea what it is but I have narrowed it down to the air con

17 minutes ago, Fiesta1.25 said:

Yeah I get that too, like an intermittent single click every minute is so, I think it is related to the air con...... try running your car with the air con on, listen for the click, then turn your air con off, the click vanishes..... no idea what it is but I have narrowed it down to the air con

Ah, yeah that might make sense, I had the car seats valeted on Thursday and they were still slightly damp after so I had to leave the engine running and blast hot hair into the car with all doors/windows shut to help dry them out a bit more. When the blower fan was on there was no clicking as I stood outside the car for 10 minutes. 

But the blower fan isn't the same as the air con inside is it?

The electro magnetic clutch is quite loud on the Fiesta which engages the AC compressor could be that.

Tried turning the air con on and off but the button doesn't stay lit up when I push it in so it could be linked to that? 

Took it back to the dealership I bought it from earlier, they took it for a drive and diagnosed the sound as coming from the brake pads being dry, for the squeak sound, not the air con.

So they said to come back next week and they'll take apart from the brake system to inspect fully, then apply grease to it?

So put the car in on Monday, back at dealership. Picked it up earlier today. New brake pads have been fitted as I presume they were wearing and rubbing against the rotor. No more squeaks.

Air con light not coming on was user error, didn't realise I had to turn the fan on for it to work. Cig lighter barrell socket thing wasn't working earlier but it just needed a clean. Windscreen washer button on the indicator switch was a bit dodgy but I just have to press it forward slightly and it works fine.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club