Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta, whos got one?

ayrshiredude

So the new Fiesta is out and about, whos got one and what do you think of it?  How does it compare to the last one?

I have had mine for three weeks now (ordered April) a Titanium, deep impact blue with about all the extras and a spare wheel. Up to this point I have been very impressed with it. Six speed box is a dream, rear disc brakes have noticeable effect over my rear drum 64 reg. A lot less road noise than previous Mk's. All the various settigs take a bit of getting used to. Only problem I have had, as mentioned in a previous thread, is I did lose the GPS signal to the satnav. Has not done it since (fingers crossed). The eight inch screen does not cause any problems and have now got to like it. Overall well pleased with it.

I just can't get round the look of it from the outside, it actually hurts me to see it :blink:

Especially the ST-Line, it's supposed to look nice and sporty. I mean the front of it looks nice enough, but then you look at the back and it's just ruined :( 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Back is the biggest improvement for me.

I've seen a few on the roads, look lovely.

On 8/29/2017 at 3:52 PM, potter18 said:

I've ordered one, not due till October though...

Me too. Build date 22 September, delivery mid-October.

As a gently driving oldie it obviously makes sense to go for the 100PS Titanium.......but as this will almost certainly be my final new car I thought it time to go a trifle wild and have ordered the 125PS.

Jsk's remarks about the rear disc brakes, which come with the 125PS and not with the 100PS are interesting though I doubt mine will get much use.

The front is almost the same, the back is ugly as *****!

Sorry its just my opinion... each time newer cars are getting uglier... sad. That, or is it me that im in love with 80-90s cars!

Saluti!

• Like 2

I saw one in the wild the other day, DRLs look horrible compared to the 7.5.  It was a titanium without dress up kit I saw, so I'm not sure if the back is worse too yet, though my first impression was last gen focus in cold weather - shrunk... 

There is no dress up kit anymore. The St line has totally different bumpers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alexp999 said:

There is no dress up kit anymore. The St line has totally different bumpers. 

In that case all models but ST and ST Line are definitely worse looking! 

15 hours ago, jsk said:

I have had mine for three weeks now (ordered April) a Titanium, deep impact blue with about all the extras and a spare wheel. Up to this point I have been very impressed with it. Six speed box is a dream, rear disc brakes have noticeable effect over my rear drum 64 reg. A lot less road noise than previous Mk's. All the various settigs take a bit of getting used to. Only problem I have had, as mentioned in a previous thread, is I did lose the GPS signal to the satnav. Has not done it since (fingers crossed). The eight inch screen does not cause any problems and have now got to like it. Overall well pleased with it.

What's the gearing like compared to the 5 speed  - 30 in 3rd,  40 in 4th and 50 + 5th?

30 in 4th, 40 in 5th and 60 in 6th. Doesn't feel laboured in these.

If it's anything like the Focus gearing you can do 50 in 6th

Me. Had 4 weeks now , fantastic car. Another Ford masterpiece

I have also ordered an ST-Line X. Ordered in July. Being built next week so hopefully end of Sept delivery. Not long to go now :biggrin:

I like the idea of it but the styling's awful! It could easily be a Corsa or worse! Zetec and Titanium just look horrific and the stline has lost the macho look of the previous. That said, the mechanics and interior look great. It HAS to look appealing though and to me it just doesn't..

Also ordered an ST line X 140ps but don't do much  mileage at this time of year so will try to get Jan delivery. 

Only managed a test drive in Zetec 100ps but still impressed - seemed very like the old one to drive but with the odd rough edge smoothed off. 

I do really want one... 

I didn't initially like them... However I looked at one in the flesh and thought it looked really good. 

On 04/09/2017 at 9:33 AM, Jonson said:

Ordered an st line x , delivery November 

That's certainly the best looking front - can you get the spare wheel with that one?

2 minutes ago, Tiexen said:

That's certainly the best looking front - can you get the spare wheel with that one?

The only time you can't have the spare wheel from the factory is with the B&O Play system or the panoramic roof.

Otherwise it's available on all models.

The price list on the Ford website has really easy to use tables to see what feature is available on each trim and any caveats that apply.

20 hours ago, alexp999 said:

The only time you can't have the spare wheel from the factory is with the B&O Play system or the panoramic roof.

Otherwise it's available on all models.

The price list on the Ford website has really easy to use tables to see what feature is available on each trim and any caveats that apply.

It is true that you cannot spec a spare wheel with B&O stereo or panoramic roof.

- B&O stereo is self explanatory 'cos there is a subwoofer in the wheel well.

- My investigations suggest that the spare wheel well is still present and empty (bar the tyre repair kit) when there is a panoramic roof. Possibly a weight/emissions/mpg technicality that means they can't sell you one with the roof and a spare wheel? I have taken a punt and ordered the roof hoping that I can transfer my current spare wheel kit into the new one. Will be able to say for certain when it's ready late November.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club