Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fan staying on...

Ben_Focus

Hi all,

New on here and have tried to Google the issue (which led me to this site)

I've got a 2012 Focus Ecoboost 1.6 (182ps) Titanium X. Had it a few years and every now and then the fan would stay on for a minute or so after turning the engine off. I've read various answers which say this is common, however, mine has started to do this EVERY time I turn the engine off... and it stays on for longer (maybe 3/4 minutes) It's been doing this for 1/2 weeks now and it's all the time. Everything else seems normal.

Any ideas? Thanks :)

On 30/08/2017 at 6:13 AM, Ben_Focus said:

Hi all,

New on here and have tried to Google the issue (which led me to this site)

I've got a 2012 Focus Ecoboost 1.6 (182ps) Titanium X. Had it a few years and every now and then the fan would stay on for a minute or so after turning the engine off. I've read various answers which say this is common, however, mine has started to do this EVERY time I turn the engine off... and it stays on for longer (maybe 3/4 minutes) It's been doing this for 1/2 weeks now and it's all the time. Everything else seems normal.

Any ideas? Thanks :)

Hi bud - same engine/power in mine and mine does the same thing. I find it does it quite a lot when the weather is muggy & warm making my fan stay on longer than normal. See if it continues into the cooler weather of autumn and if so consider checking it in as it might be a faulty sensor.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club