Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I am struggling to get to grips with my heater/climate control.

Trillionz

It is a Blaupunkt unit. Had a big scare yesterday on the motorway when it started to rain and the windows started to fog inside. I realised then I had not had the heater on. So upped the fan speed and then started to panic when it just got worse. Then I saw the RED MAX windscreen button.

BUT I keep saying this "Why is everything so hard":wallbash:

I had climate on my last car and a crucial button for me seems to be missing,the "ECON" button. Is the Aircon on all the time even just for the heater?

A good YouTube video would be nice!:wink3:

Had the same problem a few weeks back, car misted up so much we had to have the windows open. My neighbours Titanium has the same problem. 

Not had my car on the road a month yet so only ever used the Aircon. Will get to grips with it the next time I go out but none of it seems obvious. Looking on Etis I have a Supplemental Air Heater which after googling it looks to be instant heat from something like a hairdryer I imagine:unsure:

4 hours ago, Trillionz said:

It is a Blaupunkt unit. Had a big scare yesterday on the motorway when it started to rain and the windows started to fog inside. I realised then I had not had the heater on. So upped the fan speed and then started to panic when it just got worse. Then I saw the RED MAX windscreen button.

BUT I keep saying this "Why is everything so hard":wallbash:

I had climate on my last car and a crucial button for me seems to be missing,the "ECON" button. Is the Aircon on all the time even just for the heater?

A good YouTube video would be nice!:wink3:

If it's raining heavily outside or really humid my MK2 also tends to want to fog up unless I have the AC on.  Seems pretty common on the MK2/MK2.5 it seems.

1 hour ago, 1979Damian said:

If it's raining heavily outside or really humid my MK2 also tends to want to fog up unless I have the AC on.  Seems pretty common on the MK2/MK2.5 it seems.

I have this issue too. AC on, Heat and Blower to Max, and DON'T recirculate fixes it.

28 minutes ago, Jezza54 said:

Heated front screen?

Fair point, however it doesn't stop the side windows starting to mist up, the A/C does resolve this.

• Like 1

You have the A/C on to condense water out of the incoming air, and warmer air will hold more water (hence it not condensing out on the windows)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 1979Damian said:

There may be a reason why if you turn the (manual) controls to windscreen, the car auto-enables AC.

I always run with AC on, I notice a fraction of an MPG difference, probably not really enough to worry about.

• Like 2

The misting up issue is still an issue on the MK3.5 I might add!

I tend to find running with AC on in the rain helps, and the air re-circulation in theory should reduce the moisture internally as its recycling the air.

Fit window vents (Heko or Climair) and crack the windows open a bit.
Works for me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, DJ_Andy_M said:

I tend to find running with AC on in the rain helps, and the air re-circulation in theory should reduce the moisture internally as its recycling the air.

That means it's no letting the moisture out of the car, you want the air to vent outside so the air becomes dryer?

Recirculate has never worked on any car I've had!

4 hours ago, Jon84 said:

That means it's no letting the moisture out of the car, you want the air to vent outside so the air becomes dryer?

Recirculate has never worked on any car I've had!

Recirc works when it is used in conjunction with AC.  Any dampness is removed by the AC and drains away under car, that's why you sometimes get a puddle under the car when the AC has been used.  I never turn my AC off with the fan on the lowest setting and have never had a misting problem even with the heater on the coldest position.

1 hour ago, Trewithy said:

Any dampness is removed by the AC and drains away under car, that's why you sometimes get a puddle under the car when the AC has been used.

the puddle you get under the car after you have been running the air-con is the ice that has formed on the air-con pipes.

never use recirculate for too long as it turns the air in the car stale 10mins at the most as it`s a quick way of cooling the car inside down in summer or warming it up in the winter

• Like 1

3 hours ago, andypsp said:

the puddle you get under the car after you have been running the air-con is the ice that has formed on the air-con pipes.

never use recirculate for too long as it turns the air in the car stale 10mins at the most as it`s a quick way of cooling the car inside down in summer or warming it up in the winter

The water under the car is the water that has condensed out of the air, so yes, as cooler air has less water carrying capability, it will dry it as well.

On 8/31/2017 at 7:21 PM, Trewithy said:

Recirc works when it is used in conjunction with AC.  Any dampness is removed by the AC and drains away under car, that's why you sometimes get a puddle under the car when the AC has been used.  I never turn my AC off with the fan on the lowest setting and have never had a misting problem even with the heater on the coldest position.

Sorry but it's not, the AC needs to have the fresh air that has less humidity coming in to reduce condensation inside the car. 

Spent some time in a car park yesterday and got to grips with climate control. Its best to ignore the screen and stop trying to press it whilst driving and use all the solid controls.:smile:

I can now put the heating on and turn it up and turn the AC on and off. PHEW!

Also paired my phone with it all. Only had the car a month and only just done it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club