Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Led headlight bulbs

Tealc2961

Attached to this post is the photo I received regarding the e Mark from Autobeam.

credit where it’s due, their customer service is amazing. 

I have passed this to someone who works in the police but if anyone with any knowledge could have a look and share their knowledge that would be great.

Also, would this be fine for UK use as in the image it mentions Czech Republic. 

2BFD8251-1291-4E45-ADA6-2B95655F84A3.jpeg

I wish the law is that these bulbs can be fitted however the beam pattern should be safe that it doesn't blind oncoming traffic. I think this is how it is in America. 

I also wanted to say I'm thinking of getting some LED 380 double contact bulbs as one brake light filament went out on my car. I'm thinking of getting them from autobeam but wanted others opinion about this company as I never bought from them. 

Attached to this post is the photo I received regarding the e Mark from Autobeam.
credit where it’s due, their customer service is amazing. 
I have passed this to someone who works in the police but if anyone with any knowledge could have a look and share their knowledge that would be great.
Also, would this be fine for UK use as in the image it mentions Czech Republic. 

2BFD8251-1291-4E45-ADA6-2B95655F84A3.thumb.jpeg.1c84959103103d4bd91a593751bfb178.jpeg

E8 is relevant to the Czech Republic as you say, bulbs used in he U.K. should be stamped E11.

That looks like the stamp would be on the ballast, not the bulb. What type of bulb are you using, is it H4? If not then this bulb does not match the one you will be buying. The bulb needs its own type approval, not one off the ballast.

To be completely honest that sheet could have been knocked up by anyone. The image of the mark itself looks odd, it shouldn't have the measurements on it and the bottom line is not normally there. I do not think this 'type approval' would be accepted in the U.K.

I do not want to bad mouth the company as I have had no dealings with them directly, I can say that the feedback I have heard has always been very positive and if I needed something they stocked then I would buy from them. I would, like you do my own research on the product and buy on that information. I would have no concerns re the quality of the goods.

My position on these upgrades remains unchanged, they are not legal. No bulb, and that includes OEM bulbs are type approved, it is all the parts that are used in conjunction with the bulb that make the units ok to use. This is a European approved decision. I have put HIDs in my cars before and will continue to do so, as long as the beam pattern is safe I have no problem with other people doing it either.

If you are adamant that you want proof that the bulb is approved before you buy then I don't think you will get it - well not officially anyway. The link below may be useful to you, it applies to LEDs too.

Keep us informed though please, Jon.

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20120606172805/http://assets.dft.gov.uk/publications/dft-information-sheets/aftermarket-hid-headlamps.pdf

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

E8 is relevant to the Czech Republic as you say, bulbs used in he U.K. should be stamped E11.

That looks like the stamp would be on the ballast, not the bulb. What type of bulb are you using, is it H4? If not then this bulb does not match the one you will be buying. The bulb needs its own type approval, not one off the ballast.

To be completely honest that sheet could have been knocked up by anyone. The image of the mark itself looks odd, it shouldn't have the measurements on it and the bottom line is not normally there. I do not think this 'type approval' would be accepted in the U.K.

I do not want to bad mouth the company as I have had no dealings with them directly, I can say that the feedback I have heard has always been very positive and if I needed something they stocked then I would buy from them. I would, like you do my own research on the product and buy on that information. I would have no concerns re the quality of the goods.

My position on these upgrades remains unchanged, they are not legal. No bulb, and that includes OEM bulbs are type approved, it is all the parts that are used in conjunction with the bulb that make the units ok to use. This is a European approved decision. I have put HIDs in my cars before and will continue to do so, as long as the beam pattern is safe I have no problem with other people doing it either.

If you are adamant that you want proof that the bulb is approved before you buy then I don't think you will get it - well not officially anyway. The link below may be useful to you, it applies to LEDs too.

Keep us informed though please, Jon.

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20120606172805/http://assets.dft.gov.uk/publications/dft-information-sheets/aftermarket-hid-headlamps.pdf

Thanks for all your help here. I think when payday comes i’ll Bite the bullet and get 1 set and see how I do.

thanks 

• Like 1

I get blinded by misaligned standard headlights more than HIDs or LEDs.

Just fit them and don't get all hung up on the legality. I'm sure traffic cops have more important crimes to worry about than these.

Yes they may not be strictly legal but I had them for year and never got pulled

Sent from my iPhone

You've done the right thing, making a decision. You can go back and forth until the cows come home, when it comes down to it you just have to decide 'do I care enough about the legalities to not buy them'.

I'd be interested in hearing how you get on with them, what the light output is like. I can imagine the colour will be perfect.

The only piece of advice, that you haven't asked for but I'll pass it on to you anyway, is that once they are fitted and you are happy take the car to your local MOT test centre and get the alignment and beam checked. You are less likely to draw attention from 'others' and other drivers are less likely to be dazzled.

If you are in talks with the company already then I would ask them for a discount, ask for 15% and hope for 10 lol. Seriously though, if you ask and they say no then mention the forum as members do get a 10% off. Failing that do the following;
Register an account with them
Search for and choose the lights you want
Put the lights in your 'basket' and any other items
Close the page, do not log out.

After about 24hrs you will get a computer generated email reminding you there are items in your basket, ignore this email. After about another 24 hrs you should receive a second email with a reminder and an 'incentive' to buy, which comes in the form of a 10% discount code [emoji12]

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hi there can any one help me am trying to put LED Bulbs in my Ford fiesta mk7 ecoboost 2015 dont no what holder I need 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club