Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thinking of remapping, is it worth it?

miotk

I am thinking of remapping my Fiesta ST-Line 125. 

Looking online I can get it up to around + 31bhp and +47nm with a stage 1 priced at £322

Currently the car seems like a lot of fun and I don't know if it's worth £322 for the extra power, has anyone on here remapped there car, if so did you find it was worth it?

Here is a link - http://www.mybluefin.co.uk/curves/EcoBoost125PS.060214.pdf that you can see the gain of power on.

Thanks in advance!

I have the same engine in my fiesta and had mine re mapped once the engine had done 2000 miles and it made a great improvement to how the engine pulls. The biggest improvement is lower down in the rev range as Ford limit the torque output due to the gearbox being on the limit of what it can handle. It also gives a bit of extra omph higher up in the rev range mine has done over 30,000 miles now and I have had no issues.

Forgot to mention I used Bluefin.

3 hours ago, miotk said:

I am thinking of remapping my Fiesta ST-Line 125. 

Looking online I can get it up to around + 31bhp and +47nm with a stage 1 priced at £322

Currently the car seems like a lot of fun and I don't know if it's worth £322 for the extra power, has anyone on here remapped there car, if so did you find it was worth it?

Here is a link - http://www.mybluefin.co.uk/curves/EcoBoost125PS.060214.pdf that you can see the gain of power on.

Thanks in advance!

I like the way superchips/bluefin advertise their gains, comparing a point in the rev range where the differnce is the biggest, where very other tuner quotes the max output as a better comparison, in this case it's +24bhp/+34Nm.

This may seem trivial but potential customers just see the gains advertised, add that to their standard power/torque but the graph shows it didn't get to those combined figure, to me it's misleading.

I have went over bluefin extensively in another thread I had it and don't recommend it

I recommend revo here is what I said in other comment buddy

Ive had Bluefin now for 2 weeks in mine and I'm impressed, less turbo lag, more torque and better fuel economy. I guess its just down to you seeing the cost as worth it or not. I done a lot of reading as I'm very picky about what goes on my car. I would say 99% of reviews I did read are positive and of course the odd person that had problems. with a large customer base you will always have the odd hiccup, its how they deal with it that counts.

If you think the cost justifies the gains then go for it

I've had Bluefin for almost 12 months now and personally haven't had any problems. The power and torque increase is very noticeable af fuel economy doesn't seem to have got any worse, though of course the that depends how you drive it. I would have gone for Revo had it been available here, simply because of their smoother torque curve and upgrade path to Stage 2. Bluefin has stage 2 for the ST but not the 1.0 as far as I know.  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club