Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New motor (1.6TDCI Titanium Estate)

Simon_K

Collected my new (to me) Focus yesterday.  What a difference to my old Land Rover! Drives very nicely but has a high clutch bite, I've read that's fairly common so I'll wait and see if it needs replacing. 

The only other fault I've found so far is the parking sensors don't work. Not sure if they've been disabled due to the tow bar but it's something I'll look at Monday. 

Just resisting the urge to modify this one. I've messed about with every car I've owned, and seeing some of the nice ones on here makes it too tempting. 

IMG_0555.JPG

• Like 1

Resistance... is futile!

If you think you can resist, just have a look at @yunii's car! There'll be no going back then!!

Nice car though bud!

• Like 2

Yunni's build is great, I did not need to see that!

I have a little plan to get a spoiler past the wife, the bonnet has a few stonechips... If I get them seen to I could hide a spoiler in the boot and have it fitted at the same time. Too tempting. 

• Like 2

Yunni's build is great, I did not need to see that!
I have a little plan to get a spoiler past the wife, the bonnet has a few stonechips... If I get them seen to I could hide a spoiler in the boot and have it fitted at the same time. Too tempting. 
Thanks for nice comments. Btw this is the wagon so it be different from crowd. I already thought of ideas for this wagon , well i know what i would do. Their is a few wagons done up awesomely on my other club .
Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

When the estate is modified it looks better then the hatch.
Here are some awsome ones done up
Yunii979931cf507099a021f30373399889cd.jpg4fe75960fe8458e9e462d8528f9840f4.jpg82c1794968f5d836e0eca8945b0d20d6.jpg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, yunii said:

When the estate is modified it looks better then the hatch.
Here are some awsome ones done up
Yunii979931cf507099a021f30373399889cd.jpg4fe75960fe8458e9e462d8528f9840f4.jpg82c1794968f5d836e0eca8945b0d20d6.jpg

I think the second one is highwaymanuk? That was another thread I was drooling over. Those pics look just about perfect, modified but not OTT. 

• Like 1

I think the second one is highwaymanuk? That was another thread I was drooling over. Those pics look just about perfect, modified but not OTT. 
Thats right it is. Its high on spec.
Yunii

So... I wasn't going to tinker too much with the car, but long night shifts and a pot of cash left over from the purchase is a dangerous combination. 

Always liked pressed plates, and my existing ones have stonechips in them so ordered some legal ones along with "carbon" frames. These came today along with the members package, the rest speaks for itself. 

IMG_0939.JPG

• Like 1

Nice!  I might have to just straight copy you with these! Can I ask how much and where from?

It's about time I supported the site too =]

Sure, both from flea bay.

The plates (£15.39) were from "pressed_plates_uk" and the holders (£9.97) were from "factorydirectsealsuk". I've no affiliation with either but have to say the delivered promptly. 

I like the look but shes a heavy girl even as a hatch

Do you find the 1.6 has a decent response pulling that load around?

"Heavy" = "a bit FAT" :tongue:

Ford don't seem to grasp the concept of weight saving on any of their vehicles and never have done for some reason.  Maybe the chassis is made out of "pig iron" or something similar?!?

1 hour ago, Dee_82 said:

I like the look but shes a heavy girl even as a hatch

Do you find the 1.6 has a decent response pulling that load around?

Well, the last 10 years I've driven a VW T4 and then a Freelander, so compared with those it's a rocket ship! She feels nippy enough for me but a few more horses wouldn't be a bad thing. 

"No I won't modify this one"

I have no willpower, so I ordered a set of grilles from underground parts. Fit well, the worst thing was pulling the lower one off as the chrome surround had separation anxiety. Quite like the stealthier front, may have to do something with the bonnet lip and boot handle. 

And the St Piran, so locals don't intentionally ram me with tractors (only by accident now). 

IMG_0559.JPG

IMG_0560.JPG

• Like 3

I love that engine (assuming yours is the 16v twin cam and not the 8v single cam). had one in a fiesta.  Lots of people have problems with failing turbos (gunging up high pressure oil feed pipe to turbo bearings) and injectors leaking around the copper seal where they fit into the head. I never had turbo problem, All of the injectors leaked at some point (not at same time) above 100k miles. Cured by doing the two retaining nuts up a bit tighter - but everyone should be careful doing that, snapped stud or stripped stud will be a real major problem.  You know when they leak as you get the smell of burning diesel through the heater. Pool of diesel around injector cooks and forms a black tar goo. Sometimes it will also make a chuffing noise on tickover from around the injector as compression pushes past the seal. 

2 hours ago, isetta said:

I love that engine (assuming yours is the 16v twin cam and not the 8v single cam). had one in a fiesta.  Lots of people have problems with failing turbos (gunging up high pressure oil feed pipe to turbo bearings) and injectors leaking around the copper seal where they fit into the head. I never had turbo problem, All of the injectors leaked at some point (not at same time) above 100k miles. Cured by doing the two retaining nuts up a bit tighter - but everyone should be careful doing that, snapped stud or stripped stud will be a real major problem.  You know when they leak as you get the smell of burning diesel through the heater. Pool of diesel around injector cooks and forms a black tar goo. Sometimes it will also make a chuffing noise on tickover from around the injector as compression pushes past the seal. 

Me neither. On 150k, still the original turbo and never touched the injectors :thumbup1:

Fingers crossed. I had an injector clamp break on my freelander, loads of chuffing and smoke out the back, I thought it was the turbo. 

16 hours ago, Simon_K said:

Sure, both from flea bay.

The plates (£15.39) were from "pressed_plates_uk" and the holders (£9.97) were from "factorydirectsealsuk". I've no affiliation with either but have to say the delivered promptly. 

Many thanks for that - might just be my next purchase 😊

13 hours ago, isetta said:

its the 16v that has the issues, the newer 8v version was actually fine, even within the 16v versions of the DV6TED4 engine the later models were actually very good, it was the early versions that had issues.  One of the things ford changed on the newer 16v version was to move the feed pipe slightly further away from the insanely hot DPF that was right next to it.  It still pays to be proactive with serving though, I do mine every 6k miles.  shes now at around 112k I'm debating running her in to the ground or changing for a 1.6 ecoboost but for now shes doing ok in her old age

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dee_82 said:

its the 16v that has the issues, the newer 8v version was actually fine, even within the 16v versions of the DV6TED4 engine the later models were actually very good, it was the early versions that had issues.  One of the things ford changed on the newer 16v version was to move the feed pipe slightly further away from the insanely hot DPF that was right next to it.  It still pays to be proactive with serving though, I do mine every 6k miles.  shes now at around 112k I'm debating running her in to the ground or changing for a 1.6 ecoboost but for now shes doing ok in her old age

Do you know how early is early?  Mine was registered March 2007, but not had any problems yet touch wood.  I guess that no longer having a dpf will stop it heating up too much so that a good thing, right? :smile:

9 hours ago, south_bound said:

Do you know how early is early?  Mine was registered March 2007, but not had any problems yet touch wood.  I guess that no longer having a dpf will stop it heating up too much so that a good thing, right? :smile:

pretty sure it was around the 2008/9 and by saying you removed your DPF, I assume you are talking purely hypothetical? 

ya never knew who is watching ;)

To be fair, if its well looked after with 6k oil changes and you keep an eye out for injector leaks youll probably have no bother.  

I suspect most of the horror stories came from the vast numbers of people buying a 1.6tdci for the cheap Emissions Tax (well done Mr Brown, give yourself a pat on the back for shafting so many people) whilst only driving only 4K a year around a city then either not bothering to do regular servicing or not being made aware of the need to service them regularly. (naughty sales people!)

While looking for my long forgotten thread I found my name mentioned and a couple of pics of Titan. He's changed alittle bit since those pics.

FB_IMG_1486206455099.jpg

20170408_142128.jpg

20160701_165155.jpg

• Like 4

While looking for my long forgotten thread I found my name mentioned and a couple of pics of Titan. He's changed alittle bit since those pics.
FB_IMG_1486206455099.thumb.jpg.50e6fbe758dd294755ee84ffcb541f91.jpg
20170408_142128.thumb.jpg.f39f454fabc3a40d06848a2135f36dbb.jpg
20160701_165155.thumb.jpg.9d4725d7b71a7354f1ab876d944306e0.jpg
Car looks awesome mate, btw how are you?
Yunii

Thanks Mate.

Yeah all good here, How's everything with yourself?

• Like 1