• Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale


Simon_K

New motor (1.6TDCI Titanium Estate)

Recommended Posts

nice car fella and liking the plates,surounds and grills im sure it wount stop the now. once you pop you don't stop ha ha.

how do does the plate holder attach and assume the plate just sits in the holder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

39 minutes ago, b4zz said:

nice car fella and liking the plates,surounds and grills im sure it wount stop the now. once you pop you don't stop ha ha.

how do does the plate holder attach and assume the plate just sits in the holder?

The holder screws to the holes that would have held the plate, and the new plates fit in some springy plastic grooves (then the front frame hinges down and locks in). I think they come with tape as well, but as I bought both at the same time I can't remember if they came with the plates or the holders...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Highwaymanuk said:

While looking for my long forgotten thread I found my name mentioned and a couple of pics of Titan. He's changed alittle bit since those pics.

FB_IMG_1486206455099.jpg

20170408_142128.jpg

20160701_165155.jpg

Love. It.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanks Mate.
Yeah all good here, How's everything with yourself?
Few Ups & downs but fine thanks
Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Simon_K said:

The holder screws to the holes that would have held the plate, and the new plates fit in some springy plastic grooves (then the front frame hinges down and locks in). I think they come with tape as well, but as I bought both at the same time I can't remember if they came with the plates or the holders...

cheers fpr the reply fella its much appreciated. I don't have holes in the front grill so I would need to drill my own I assume. The front plate is held on with double sided tape but I don't think that would be strong enough to hold the plate holder on. might order a pair and then see about drilling holes in the front gerill as I think the holders look great also the number plate looks better with out screws in it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/09/2017 at 11:41 AM, b4zz said:

cheers fpr the reply fella its much appreciated. I don't have holes in the front grill so I would need to drill my own I assume. The front plate is held on with double sided tape but I don't think that would be strong enough to hold the plate holder on. might order a pair and then see about drilling holes in the front gerill as I think the holders look great also the number plate looks better with out screws in it

3M VHB stuff might be strong enough, well prepared and grease free. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I know why those little lights are called "submarine lights". When it rains they stream water like you've just been hit by a depth charge!

Luckily I don't have a sunroof so that's one less source. The aerial base doesn't look well sealed and it looks like the car has had a replacement screen at some time - feels like a gap in the sealant where the heated screen ground passes through. A liberal (but neat) application of sikaflex later and I hope I've got it sealed. The aerial base was treated to a little foam gasket I knocked up. Can't think of anywhere else it's coming from. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a new pioneer headunit so I could control my iPhone via bluetooth. Trouble was the new surround comes in silver, not the silver “carbon” the car has. 

So after a bit of deliberation I decided to wrap the dash parts in carbon look. I’m not the biggest fan of carbon fibre as it’s been used...everywhere. But it does look ok and now much of the interior matches. 

FE7645EB-44B8-429E-A4F7-4E631F2890FF.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I might call the car “Black hole”. Judging by the number of near misses from lane changers not seeing (or even looking) the car must be so black that light doesn’t escape it...

Don’t know if this will help or hinder its visibility, but the o/s headlight had some heat damage to the lens from the sidelight. Looks like it wasn’t fitted properly and melted the surround, and caused hazing on the lens too. Couldn’t find a black headlight I liked on ebay, so bought some brows. Covers about 90% of the damage and blends fairly well to the car. 

684CBA8D-14FA-41F8-A767-D00CA5D5CEE5.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

liking the lights brows fella. i got the same problem with one of my head lights but still not sure if i want lights brows yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now