Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bye Focus r.i.p thinking of a car change

v530anh

Took my car to garage it just keeps over reving, also damaging side of car when a skip hit me. Garage says to get a new car, I am a little sad. But is this a good car to get is it reliable and safe as I have a new born. Not really interested in the ecoboost engine with over heating problems, anyway this is the new car I am thinking about:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201709028891265?sort=sponsored&transmission=Manual&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&radius=10&fuel-type=Petrol&postcode=b440pl&price-from=3000&quantity-of-doors=5&advertising-location=at_cars&page=1

I have checked Ford etis and there seems to be no recalls for this car:

Outstanding Field service Actions

No Campaign Message(s) found

Do the overheating problems affect Fiestas as well as Focus models?

Take a test drive - my neighbour complains his Fiesta 1.25 is so slow!

• Like 1

Go for the 1.0 for a similar price much quicker than the 1.25 and I think better economy too.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ryan_Tango said:

Go for the 1.0 for a similar price much quicker than the 1.25 and I think better economy too.

I will have a look, but how much smaller would it be than the Ford focus mk1 1.8? As with the new baby I will have 2 babies.

It's probably bigger tbh, cars are getting too big nowadays, especially in such a cramped country. Unlesss you meant slower? In which case it's about 30hp down on the focus. I have a 1.25 and it's pretty slow. It does the job, but prepare to drive like a granny (or rev the ***** off it), you'll certainly feel the difference.

Maybe have a look at a higher spec model too? The style won't hold it's value as well (although that's quite a low price as it is). Depends if you want alloys and the nicer seats I suppose.

• Like 1