• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 marshy2312

marshy2312

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: focus
Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:41 PM

hey guys i have a mark 1 focus t plate now the problem is il be driving down the road and all of a sudden the speedo will go off and the car will lack on power but will still drive if i come to a set of traffic lights it will cut out it will then start back up off the key first turn but speedo remain off and still lacking it only seems to be realy happening if the weathers isnt very good or dull day. wat i have tried ive pulled nearly every plug i can find around the engine and put grease in these hoping this would stop i havent touched the fuse box just 2 big connecters under neath also my fuel gadge has now gone on the blink

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,334 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 14 January 2010 - 08:12 AM

hey guys i have a mark 1 focus t plate now the problem is il be driving down the road and all of a sudden the speedo will go off and the car will lack on power but will still drive if i come to a set of traffic lights it will cut out it will then start back up off the key first turn but speedo remain off and still lacking it only seems to be realy happening if the weathers isnt very good or dull day. wat i have tried ive pulled nearly every plug i can find around the engine and put grease in these hoping this would stop i havent touched the fuse box just 2 big connecters under neath also my fuel gadge has now gone on the blink

yuneed to take it to ford it could be the instrument cluster is on its way out a new one fitted only costs 99quid after so many complaints on watchdog or it could be the speed sensor to the gearbox

#3 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford
Posted 15 January 2010 - 12:47 PM

Could be the idle control valve but its more common if the speedo is dropping for it to be the Vehicle Speed Sensor.

#4 marshy2312

marshy2312

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: focus
Posted 17 January 2010 - 10:32 AM

would this cause it to lack on power wen the speedo goes off its seems to me as if im driving with no battery the battery light does come on wen the speedo stops working but only wen i come to a stop also where do i find the gear box sensor ?

#5 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,334 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 17 January 2010 - 02:32 PM

would this cause it to lack on power wen the speedo goes off its seems to me as if im driving with no battery the battery light does come on wen the speedo stops working but only wen i come to a stop also where do i find the gear box sensor ?

the gearbox sensor or speed sensor can cause it to stall yes its not that easy to get to and id eget a garage to do it personally

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users