Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New exhaust for a 1.8 Petrol Titanium on a 2008 plate ?

The Joshua Tree

I could ideally do with a new exhaust for my 1.8 petrol Titanium on a 2008 plate, apparently the local garage said that i can't just buy the rear section because of the way it goes over the rear axel, they said you need to buy a full system, Ford actually sell the rear section but they said you can't fit that section on it's own.

Basically it's the rear pipe section that hangs out of the bumper that i need, the arm that connects to the rubber mount has come away from the tail pipe, it can't be re-welded back on or clamped back on etc due to rust. I just need the rear pipe part but the exhaust centre that i went too said you can't just fit the rear pipe part even though it's sold separate as the exhaust needs to be cut off to get it out and only a full system can be used to replace it.

If that's the case, can someone recommend a full exhaust for my car at a reasonable price. Cheers

I could ideally do with a new exhaust for my 1.8 petrol Titanium on a 2008 plate, apparently the local garage said that i can't just buy the rear section because of the way it goes over the rear axel, they said you need to buy a full system, Ford actually sell the rear section but they said you can't fit that section on it's own.
If that's the case, can someone recommend a full exhaust for my car at a reasonable price. Cheers
As far as i know genuine exhausts are generally full piece upto cat flexi. Then when you buy aftermarket exhaust centres they hack off to join up back piece. But somoene will correct this if wrong.
Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Hi you can buy and fit just the rear section, it's a bit of work but can be done. There is a clamp you can get from Euro car prats! Can't remember the name of the part off the top of my head but it can be done. Measure how far from the rear you need to cut. Cut where needed then place the two butt joints together put paste round the joint and about 2" down the pipe and then clamp with the part I'm on about.

http://www.eurocarparts.com/search/712110860?gclid=CjwKCAjwlrnNBRBMEiwApKU4PD2NmYTHVZ3yOTPjRJGYHB89dNubb2NZjlCvThX0pFJwLGmVbnOb7RoCwvEQAvD_BwE#

It's like this but check the size!

Hope this helps Mike.

Course u can just fit the rear pipe. The garage is talking nonsense. Like the above post says buy the tail pipe piece with clamp and some gd exhaust gasket. Measure twice how far back you cut then cut once. Apply gasket and clamp..  it can be fiddly due to access but it is doable. doesn't matter that the stock system is 1 piece from Flexi pipe it's just garages and ford wanting you to spend more than u need to!.. I've got a mk2.5 2.0 petrol and my tail pipe is in a similar state as yours. Not gone yet but will soon I'm sure. Already got the new pipe bought ready! 

• Like 3