Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus MK2.5 alarm stopped working?

djsubtronic

Hi guys

I remember when I used to open my bonnet while forgetting to unlock the car first, the alarm would trigger. Not sure what else would trigger it so I haven't been able to test other scenarios, but now I can open the bonnet while the car is locked and the alarm won't trigger.

No clue how I can diagnose this to get the alarm working again, so any information would be most appreciated.

Thanks

The most likely cause would seem to be that the bonnet switch is stuck down.

1 hour ago, mjt said:

The most likely cause would seem to be that the bonnet switch is stuck down.

Is there some other way I can trigger the alarm to test? Not sure where the bonnet switch is?

I just checked on our Mk2.5. The switch is integrated into the latch.You can test by opening the bonnet then turning on the ignition. The display should show "Bonnet Open". If it doesn't you can try pulling out the connector under the latch and then try again. If it then does this will confirm a switch fault.

I don't know if it's possible to dismantle the latch. Hopefully someone else will know.

Just now, mjt said:

I just checked on our Mk2.5. The switch is integrated into the latch.You can test by opening the bonnet then turning on the ignition. The display should show "Bonnet Open". If it doesn't you can try pulling out the connector under the latch and then try again. If it then does this will confirm a switch fault.

I don't know if it's possible to dismantle the latch. Hopefully someone else will know.

Hmmm.. when my bonnet is open I do get the "bonnet open" indication on the dash. So I guess the switch is working fine, meaning there must be another issue with the alarm not working?

Looks like it. I'm afraid I don't have any other ideas at the moment.

6 minutes ago, mjt said:

Looks like it. I'm afraid I don't have any other ideas at the moment.

Thanks anyway, hopefully someone else can chime in...

You haven't used Elmconfig and disabled it? Did you have the separate alarm sounder or just the standard horn - if the former maybe your sounder batteries have gone.

1 hour ago, Micro said:

You haven't used Elmconfig and disabled it? Did you have the separate alarm sounder or just the standard horn - if the former maybe your sounder batteries have gone.

I did use ELMconfig but just to enable autolock when the car starts moving. And it's the standard horn alarm.

Just to make sure, you did read the values from your car, before changing the auto lock value and writing back? :)

2 minutes ago, Micro said:

Just to make sure, you did read the values from your car, before changing the auto lock value and writing back? :)

I think so... it was a long time ago though. Any particular setting I should look out for? All I remember doing was enabling that one setting.

On the same page as the "Enable auto-locking" is the alarm settings. I'm not sure what should be enabled, but a quick test would be to open elmconfig and read back the data for that page (GEM, Configuration, Page 2).

On 07/09/2017 at 8:25 PM, djsubtronic said:

I think so... it was a long time ago though. Any particular setting I should look out for? All I remember doing was enabling that one setting.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club